Chapter 27 - Proud

Nigel:

Nigel suddenly let go and stepped back incredibly quickly so the victim, already starting to lose conscious by lack of air, drops to the floor and hits his head hard against the ground, making him unconscious instantly.

Nigel nodded down once at the guy, as if they just did a good job at lifting up a piece of furniture instead of knocking out another human being.

"Will you or shall I?" he asked, cocking his head. He didn't really mind either of those options. If he killed him himself it would be tidier.. exactly like he wanted it. But if Alex killed him, a little more messy, it would be more of a challenge to fix the body up in the end. If Alex would even let him.

Alex:

Alex came up and straightened his back as the guy fell down on the floor with a loud noise. He gazed up, searching for Nigel his bright blue eyes, and saw how he nodded satisfied. A soft sigh escaped Alex his throat - a bunch of air that had been stuck in his throat from the moment he crouched and wrapped his arms around the guy his legs.

'If you want me to,' Alex started as he walked towards him so they could both stare down at the guy. 'I can break his neck. I won't make a mess, not this time. I don't want you to be busy all night. But, if you have your own manners of killing him, it's fine too.'

He cocked his head, and dropped it down a bit to stare at his feet. He placed his hands upon his abdomen and pursed his lips thoughtfully - almost like he was repenting. Nigel was Alex - or better said Jack - his weapon. Perhaps he should kill, again.

Nigel:

He crouched down next to the body and stared at it as if he was already mentally planning all the fun things he could do with it, even though he wasn't quite dead yet. Nigel suddenly smiled boyish at Alex promise he'd be tidy and looked up at him.

"It's your call, Jack.. Will you break his neck with your bare hands? Or will you use your weapon?"

And with the weapon, he meant himself. That's what he was after all. The weapon doesn't make decisions or worries about results, that's the wielder's job. All the weapon cares about is the careful separation of flesh and bone once he gets to be used.

Alex:

Just as Nigel did, Jack crouched down next to the body and licked his lips slowly. His eyes were narrowed. He wondered how Nigel would finish him off, and the curiosity made him almost lightly nervous. His mouth corners curled up by Nigel his boyish smile, and he inhaled deeply through the nose.

'You hands must be trembling because of the adrenaline that's pumping through your veins. You've probably waited four years for this, killing another human being with your wielder again. Am I right? I'm sure you're craving for my order to kill him. So take all the time and pleasure you want, my weapon. He is two hundred per cent yours.'

Jack bit thoughtfully on the inside of his lower lip, and tried to hide the grin that crossed his face. In time, killing humans became sort of a hobby for him. He had killed many times now, out of necessary and misery. He didn't like it mostly of the times, but as said, sometimes it was necessary. A necessary means to an end.

Nigel:

Without looking up from the body, which still had his full attention, he a hand over the body to show Alex it was perfectly still.

"Hands of a surgeon, Jack.. I can't let adrenaline threaten my work now, can I? But of course that doesn't mean I don't have it.. You're quite right about all else."