Chapter 24 - So romantic

Alex:

Alex nibbled thoughtfully on his lower lip and slowly shook his head after blinking a couple of times.

'I can't remember me the thing I wanted to ask you, honestly. So lets forget about that. Perhaps it will pop into my head sooner or later. We'll see. Now come on, we've got to get out of this thing.'

He sighed deeply when Nigel batted his hand away and rolled his eyes - lightly irritated.

'Can't you stand the way I'm sweetly stroking through your soft hair?'

As Nigel stood up, Alex licked his lips and followed him out of the bus. Nigel shutting his mouth would probably be for the best indeed - he thought now. He pursed his lips thoughtfully and nodded, wrapping an arm friendly around Nigel's shoulders as he smiled afterwards.

'That sounds like and stunning idea. I guess it's for the best if you'll keep the lies captivated in your mouth indeed. He won't believe you anyway. But, lets just hope it won't be even necessary to give him a clear answer on the missing-car-case.

Alex entered the pub and immediately met Rosie her eyes as she looked up - like she could recognize Alex by his footsteps. He pursed his lips and folded his hands tighter around the books. He nodded once - as a way of greeting - and walked towards the stairs now, hoping Rosie wouldn't say a thing and neither would Rick though he hadn't seen him yet.

Nigel:

"Of course I can stand it, in fact I barely care, that doesn't mean it's convenient to walk and think with someone messing through your hair ór that I need to enjoy it."

He said in a matter-of-fact tone. When Alex put his arm around his shoulders he didn't push away the gesture, though. He did hesitate for a moment and then awkwardly put an arm around his shoulder as well, giving an almost brotherly impression to outsiders.

"And where have you been all night, hah? Been sleeping and cheating with yet another chicka then? Or perhaps with your 'friend'.."

Nigel just rolled his eyes and pulled Alex along before he could even react. As much as he enjoyed some of the show-downs between him and Rosie, he wasn't in the mood for it now. He just wanted to stall out his books and be alone with Jack. And once back in the attic that's exactly what he did. He put the books on a line against the wall, sorted by author and so neatly ordered and positioned that it seemed almost neurotic. Nigel was a little neurotic for that matter.

"You know if Rosie continues to really annoy you we could also just kill her. It would surely make things a lot easier on you, wouldn't it?" he said lightly, as if he was suggesting moving some furniture to create more room instead of a murder.

Alex:

A deep sigh escaped Alex his mouth as he had his head laying in his neck for now. He decided not to talk about it anymore - since he knew Nigel would always continue in the matter-of-fact. He had to grin, though. Especially when Nigel wrapped his arm around Nigel his shoulder as well. He revealed his teeth as he pulled up his nostrils - still grinning out of satisfaction.

As soon as the high pitched - and extremely annoying - voice of Rosie got heard, Alex pursed his lips to answer Rosie with a great answer. Of course, he was about to say that he'd done several things with girls ánd Nigel - but as soon as he opened his mouth, Nigel pulled him along so he had no opportunity for that anymore. He inhaled deeply through his nose and hit his eyes to his feet.

When they reached the attic, Alex laid the books on one of the beds to drop down on the other afterwards. He sighed deeply as he shut his eyes, but as soon as he noticed Nigel taking away the books, he opened them curiously again. He laughed softly when he realized what Nigel was doing.