Chapter thirteen - Clothing mission

Alex:

He swallowed as he tried to stay up - which didn't really succeeded. He gazed up with this incomprehensible gaze and shook his head.

'Oh come on! I gave you my apology! What do you want me to do you stupid w-' Before he could finish his sentence, Nigel grabbed his shoulder and pulled him outside - which was probably for the best, though he could barely walk. He frowned though. Casanova, really?

'Did you fucking see that?'

Alex released himself from Nigel his grip and took place on the curb next to his car, trying to come over the pain - luckily it was already getting less. He inhaled deeply and sighed afterwards.

'That's some crazy Italiano,' he spoke on this fake hilarious Italian accent while pulling this painful face. 'I can tell you that.'

He groaned softly as he came up and straightened his back afterwards. 'I'm going to regret the fact that I've chosen this place to stay. I'm sure Rosie isn't done with me, not yet.'

He went to his car and winked him, gesturing he had to get in.

'Come, I'll drive us to the mall. Fast. Maybe she comes back, throwing her lipstick this time.'

Nigel:

Nigel got into the car and just put back his head to laugh it off.

"Are you kidding me? Of course I saw that" he started, lifting his head back up. "How badly exactly did you cheat on her? And don't start about her being crazy, you're the one who slept with her."

He chuckled again and looked out of the window as Alex drove off.

"Sorry I let her beat you up with her heels, but you did still deserve some pay-back."

Alex:

He gazed at Nigel when he stepped into the car and placed the back of his head against the backrest, chuckling a bit as he spoke. Not because it was funny- or wait, it actually was. Rosie acted like Alex had done something incredibly wrong, but he hadn't at all.

'Well, I haven't cheated at all, sort of. I mean, I slept with her, yes. But I were drunk, just as she was - or perhaps she wasn't. I can't remember. The thing was, the next day I met this other girl, just having a small talk, and Rosie saw us- She acted like we were married or so - which we've never been and never will be. It was only one night. I didn't even knew her. I don't know what's wrong with her. She's like- Highly overreacted or so...'

Alex had started the car and began to drive towards she mall, licking his lips as he sometimes gazed at Nigel.

'Yeah yeah, it's fine. Be satisfied with your pay-back. I won't ever let you pay me back again... You understand that?'

When Alex had to stop in front of a traffic light, he turned his face back to Nigel's and parted his lips, thinking this time about the thing he was about to say. Should he say it? Yes- Perhaps.

'Nigel?' he began serious and softly now. 'I've missed you. Though everything has changed so badly. I mean- Who would've imagined that I would end up like this, four years ago? Everything has changed and-' he stopped to swallow and pursed his lips. '...And I'm afraid this is just the beginning.'

Nigel:

He listened to the story and even though he still found it remarkably funny, he also felt that uneasy twisting feeling in his chest again when Alex once again admitted he slept with her and was then found snogging another girl the next morning. He still didn't understand why he had these feelings but he did.