PT. XXXVII

Narrator

Thursday came around and y/n realize they hadn't practiced all week for their boxing match Friday.

Y/n-ssi was too busy worrying about Haerin all week that they had also forgotten to attend their club activities.

So, when Haerin and Y/n arrived at school.... Y/n-ssi decided to skip their classes and just practice at the MA club room.

- Y/N POV -

I was heading over to my clubroom before the first period bell rang and Yeji decided to give me another detention. When suddenly, someone stopped me.

"Y/n-ssi!" A deep voice said through the hall.

I turned to face the owner of the voice and it was the school principal.

"Yes, Mr. Choi?" I answered him with a bow.

"As you might be aware, the underclassmen have a museum field trip tomorrow. I will be excusing you from all your classes tomorrow so you can attend as a chaperone for Ms. Kang," Mr. Choi coldly spoke.

I furrowed my brows at him.

"Mr. Choi, Haerin-ssi is not a little kid. She doesn't need to be tended to 24/7. If I'm going to be her chaperone, please ask her if she needs one first," I coldly responded.

"Well, I just thought since you two-"

"Well, you thought wrong" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"I never thought you'd be the rude type," Mr. Choi replied with his brows knitted together.

"The only reason I'm being rude is because I'm tired of people stigmatizing her, instead of learning where in the spectrum she's at. Haerin doesn't need to be treated like a child. She is smart, extremely beautiful, and very talented. I expected better from the faculty at this school but no, you're just as ignorant as the rest!" I answered him starting to get agitated.

"Excuse me?!" Mr. Choice raised his voice at me.

"You know what, since she doesn't need a chaperone and is a perfectly normal child.... then I'll take away all her accommodations. She won't have any more extra time for her exams and she'll be asked to take an entrance exam to placed in the appropriate grade and she'll also be removed from the acapella club because that club only has funding for 4 members" Mr. Choi began to threaten.

"Perfect, you do that and I'll go talk to the school board!" I replied as I turned to walk out of the school campus.

"Y/n-sii!" The Principal yelled after me.

I just ignored him.

"Y/N-SSI!!!" He yelled again, making everyone in the vicinity turn to look at me.

I sighed and looked back at him.

"Going to school board won't be necessary. I will go speak to her myself and ask if she needs a chaperone then make my decision from there," Mr. Choi said in defeat.

Typically most school faculty doesn't care if you try to snitch on them to the school board, but I was in a special position.

My mother was the head of the school board before she died. While father was a game developer..... that's why Brother Yoongi decided to become a game developer.

Ever since mom passed away, brother and I were in a unique position to make any request we'd like to the school board.

Apparently, Haerin's mom was also part of the school board. That's why Haerin was jumped up two grades when her parents passed... so we could be together.... but when she transferred to our new school, she was put in her original grade so she could be with some of her friends.

I had learned that our parents used to be really close, best friends even, and that Haerin and I used to hang out sometimes as kids... but I don't remember that.

"What do say? Leave the school board out of this and I'll find out if Ms. Kang wants a chaperone or not?" Mr. Choi whispered as he walked up to me.

"Okay, but I suggest you get to learn more about Haerin-ssi instead of making assumptions," I answered him before walking off to go practice for my fight.

- Haerin POV -

During class, The Principal, Mr. Choi, walked into our classroom.

"Ms. Kang, could I please speak with you outside for a second?" He asked coldly.

I gulped and got really nervous but stood up from my seat to go outside with him.

"Ms. Kang, I noticed you haven't submitted your permission slip for tomorrow's field trip. Is there a problem?" Mr. Choi kindly asked.

"Gyojang Seonsaengnim, I'm not going to the field trip" I answered him.

"Why not? It's a great experience and all your friends are going," Mr. Choi response.

"I don't have anyone to sign my permission slip," I responded a bit ashamed.

"Either Yooing-ssi or Y/n-ssi can sign your permission slip. They both count as your guardians," Mr. Choi informed me.

"Ummm.... okay, but I just don't want to go" I answered him honestly.

Truth was... I was too scared to go to the field trip by myself. Yes, Dani unnie and Hyein-ei would be there but I had gotten to used to y/n-ssi always being by my side at new places. 

"Is there a reason why? Are you scared of being alone? I can get you a chaperone if you'd like," Mr. Choi kindly offer.

"Umm, it's okay. I don't need a chaperone. I think Yoongi oppa is too be busy to spend all his time at a museum with me," I answered him.

"I can assign Y/n-ssi to take you," he responded.

"Y/n-ssi is 17 now, about to turn 18, so legally y/n can be your chaperone for field trips. I had asked them earlier but y/n-ssi wanted me to ask you first..... y/n said something about not treating you like a child," Mr. Choi informed me.

Initially, I was going to agree to having y/n-ssi as my chaperone until Mr. Choi mentioned that y/n doesn't want me being treated like a child.

Y/n-ssi has always been very strict about that. They don't like it when someone treats me like if I can't do things on my own or if I ask for help with something new before even trying it myself first.

"No, it's okay. Y/n-ssi has a fight tomorrow evening. I don't want to take time from their training. I'm okay with just going with Dani unnie and Hyein-ssi," I answered him with a fake smile.

"Great! Just make sure Yoongi or Y/n-ssi sign your permission slip and give it to your homeroom teacher before boarding the buses tomorrow," Mr. Choi exclaimed.

"Okay," I responded with a bow.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-