PT. XCI

Narrator

Haerin continued to act very messily and confusing but Y/n-ssi kept on pretending like it didn't bother them.... because the alternative was not getting to love Haerin at all.

- Y/N POV -

It was the weekend and Haerin wanted me to come sleep over and help her with her dance practice. Which was the most awful excuse ever since I'm not much of dancer but it was okay... I would do anything she asked just to make her smile.

I grabbed my bag and my keys.

On my way out my room, I stopped in my tracks.

I noticed the engagement ring I had bought for Haerin just sitting on my desk. A tear rolled down my cheek but I quickly got a hold of myself before grabbing the ring and storing it in my desk.

"Alright, I'm heading out now!" I yelled through the house to let Brother know I was leaving.

"Here!" He suddenly came out of nowhere and threw his truck keys at me.

I looked at him a bit confused and he just chuckled.

"It's yours now. Take care of it and always keep it clean," He told me with a smirk.

I had always known how to drive but I just refused to... because I was scared... I didn't want to get into an accident and end up like my parents... specially now that I had someone I needed to lookout for.

"I don't want it," I tossed the keys back.

Yoongi bit the inside of cheek then walked over to put the keys in my hand. "Trust me, you'll need it for when Haerin starts going on showcases and doing concerts," He smugly told me before walking away.

I sighed in frustration but he was probably right. I couldn't keep running every time Haerin called for help. It took too long.

I didn't think of it much longer and just accepted it.

I ran out into the truck and drove over to the Newjeans dorm.

I was just a little over 5 minutes late when Haerin started calling my phone. She always did this when I was late. It was to make sure I was okay.

"I'm here. I'm just about to get on the elevator," I quickly told her over the phone.

"Okay," Haerin shortly replied before hanging up.

I finally got to the girls' dorm and Haerin quickly opened the door for me.

"Yay, you're here!!" She cutely exclaimed as she ran up to hug me.

I hugged her as tight as I could and she cutely pecked my cheek.

"Hi, Frog!" I responded with a kiss back.

"Hi, girls!" I greeted all the girls.

They were used to it by now. The girls too didn't understand why I kept coming around if Haerin refused to get back together... but that wasn't any of their business and they knew that.

"Uhh, you can put your bag in my room!" Haerin suddenly dragged me to her bedroom.

The rest of the evening went as usual.

We all ate and watched movies. The girls drank a bit while I stayed sober myself because I didn't want Haerin drinking either. It wasn't good for her.

The night started to get weird when Minji started cuddling into my neck as we all watched a movie. Hanni too started acting weird... she walked up to seat on my lap.