PT. LIX

Narrator

While Y/n-ssi and Haerin slept, Yoongi called his private investigator to share all the new information Haerin had shared.

Within 3 hours, the investigator had found Haerin's new address and had visited the house himself to take some photos.

- Yoongi POV -

It was about 5am when I sneaked into the kids room to wake Y/n up.

"Come on, get up!" I shook Y/n-ah then waited for them in the living room.

"What do you want?" Y/n groaned as they walked out of their room.

"We need to go open a case against Haerin's aunt. I'll adopt her," I told Y/n-ah in a serious tone.

"So, go put on a suit or something and we'll head over to see my lawyer," I ordered.

"Right now? It's 5am," Y/n replied as they rubbed their tired eyes.

"Yes, I want to do it before Haerin wakes up so she won't be present for the lawsuit," I explained.

"No, we're not just gonna leave her here!" Y/n-ah angrily responded.

"Look, do you want her to hear that her aunt has been hooking up with a conman or do you want her to sleep as comfortably as she can?" I responded with the same energy.

"I'm not leaving her here. If you have all the information you need then you go do it and I'll stay here!" Y/n began to yell.

"No, I need you there as proof that I can take care of children!' I responded in frustration.

"Then why can't we just take her so she can vouch for you that you've been taking care of her too!?!" Y/n-ah yelled back.

"If we do that, there's a possibility that she can get taken from us right then and there..," I explained.

"Lawyers aren't cops. They're not just going to take her!" Y/n sighed out in frustration.

"Y/n-ssi?" We suddenly heard Haerin say as she walked out of the room.

"Idiot, you woke her up!" I scolded Y/n as I smacked their head.

"Yes, Haerin-ssi?" Y/n-ah responded to the frog.

"Are you coming back to bed?" Frog asked.

"Umm," Y/n-ah turned to look at me for help with their answer and I just sighed.

"You two go back to bed. I'll go run an errand and bring back some breakfast," I told the both of them.... realizing it was best if neither of them knew anything that the investigator had shared with me.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin and I went back to bed after my dumb brother insisted we go see his lawyer.... but I couldn't help and wonder what he meant when he said Haerin's aunt is dating a conman.

"I can't wait to see frogs later," Haerin whispered as she cuddled into my arms.

"Mhm, me too" I hummed as I started to feel uneasy about Haerin's current situation.

I began to wonder if she was being treated okay or fed or who the hell is this conman brother mention and why the hell is Haerin's aunt dating him.

"Yay!" Haerin squealed.

It was long before Haerin had fallen back asleep in my arms.

-

-

-

-

-