❤️23🖤

Edited

The very next day after the proposal in the evening...

Everything was alright—beautiful and utterly blissful—the night before. They cuddled until morning, waking up in each other's arms. They caressed each other's faces and made love again in the morning, worshipping each other's bodies. They were living life to the fullest, the happiest people on earth, because they had each other. Now, as fiancés, they only had two more steps: marriage and starting a small family. Maybe two or three kids, but Taehyung loved the idea of five, so Jungkook was ready to give him as many kids as he wanted. No, they weren't planning to field a soccer team, but as they say, the flapping of butterfly wings can change the entire world—the butterfly effect.

Tears flowed steadily from his face, one by one. His hands were clasped together, feeling weak and vulnerable. His heart hammered inside him, making him feel suffocated and claustrophobic, even in that spacious hall. His hands and legs shook uncontrollably, and his eyes remained fixed on the floor. He felt pathetic and useless, like a great failure. He felt he couldn't do anything... anything at all.

Kim Taehyung, the most famous and successful human being, sat there helplessly, surrounded by his friends and hyungs. Everyone felt powerless, unsure of what to do. As the proverb goes, even the mighty do slip one day. Indeed, Kim Taehyung was brought down because the love of his life had been kidnapped.

"Taehyung, please say something... What did they say?" Namjoon asked, shaking his shoulder to break him from his trance. He had been calling out to him for the past minute, but he didn't get a response.

Taehyung abruptly looked at his hyung because of the jerking his body caused. His eyes were void, completely void, as if he was tied down by a force, forcing him to be silent.

"He...he...Jungkook, my Jungkook, is with them... hyung."

"What actually happened?" Yoongi asked, with Jimin, Hoseok, and Jin waiting for the answer to the same question. What actually happened because everything was perfectly fine.

Jin received a call this morning informing him to prepare for a marriage function because his little brother was going to get married before him. Taehyung was really happy and joyous; Jin had never seen his brother this happy.

But fate decided to intervene in their peaceful life... no story is perfect, so they had to face their fate, and it was in their hands to steer their destiny toward a successful outcome...

At that morning....

Two naked bodies cuddled closer, snuggling together. Neither of them wanted to get up from their bed after their morning lovemaking session.

"Hyungie...." Jungkook called sweetly...

"Mmm..." Taehyung hummed, caressing the bare back of the younger.

"We should get up. I'm hungry...." Jungkook whined.

"Mmm..." Taehyung hummed again.

"Then get up, hyungie...." The younger caressed his hyung's cheeks.

"Mmm..."

"Leave your hands so I can get up..."

"Mmm..."

"Are you listening?" The younger quirked his eyebrows.

"Mmm..."

"Kim Taehyung, are you listening?" Jungkook finally yelled.

"Don't shout, angel, I can hear you..." Taehyung kissed the younger's cheeks and got up.

As he got up, his phone started to ring. He answered and began to have a serious conversation with his financial manager, his frown deepening.

"How could this happen... it was all confidential!" Taehyung yelled in frustration.

"Wait there, I'm on my way..." Taehyung hung up the phone and started to freshen up.

"Tae, what happened?" Jungkook was concerned because he saw how perplexed Taehyung was, and rage could be seen in his eyes, so he asked smoothly.

"Angel, take care of yourself, okay? I'm going to the company. I don't know how, but some confidential files were leaked from our company," Taehyung said, rubbing his face with his hands.

Jungkook came near Taehyung and hugged the elder, rubbing his back.

"Everything will be alright... don't stress yourself, Tae..." Jungkook kissed Taehyung's cheeks on both sides. The elder sighed.

"Tae, let me come with you... I'm your secretary, don't forget that," he asked.

"No, baby, you take rest. I will manage it. And there is nothing specific today. Take care, okay? I will be late." Taehyung pecked Jungkook and went for a quick freshen up in the bathroom because of their night and morning activities.

Jungkook was still naked and lost in deep thought. Everything is perfect. He is very happy. There is nothing more he wants. He is very satisfied with his life.

After Taehyung went to the office, Jungkook also freshened up quickly and left the house to go to the medical center. As he opened the door, he felt a sting on his neck, and everything went dark...

At the office, Taehyung was doing his best to investigate what happened in the financial department, but everything led him to a dead end. There was a traitor in their company; that was all he understood. Nothing could leak without the knowledge or help of an insider.

Taehyung took a deep breath. Never in his experience had something like this happened. It was frustrating for him because the leaked files were the annual financial report of the company and their strategy. They only knew that someone had taken the files and was blackmailing Taehyung to hand over his company to them.

Then the next news came at the speed of lightning: two of their major shareholders withdrew their shares from the company. Taehyung immediately realized it was because of the leakage of the financial file. He didn't have any say in it; he just accepted the situation.

Everything was swirling around in his head when the final news hit him like a bomb. An audio message was sent to his mobile phone: Jungkook begging someone to leave him.

Taehyung's heart broke at the vulnerable tone of the younger. He couldn't grasp what was happening around him. Everything was happening at the same time: first to his company, next to the love of his life. For the first time, fear consumed his life. He had never been in this position before. Leaving the company behind, he didn't think of anything while running back to his home, praying to every god to keep his lover safe and sound. He just wanted to see Jungkook without any harm.

When he reached home, his hands were trembling as he tried to open the door. He only wanted to see Jungkook safe. He didn't need anything more. He was even ready to give the company to that person who was demanding it.

But to break his heart even more, Jungkook was not there. Taehyung searched every corner of their home, but the younger was nowhere to be found.

"Jungkookahhhhhh....." he screamed. He wanted everything to be a dreadful dream and desperately wanted to wake up from it. His mind was haunted by Jungkook's plea. 'Please leave me... please...'

With trembling hands, he finally called his hyung....

"Hyu... hyung..."

The very next second, they were at the Kim mansion, leaving their company behind because everything that mattered was Jungkook, their little brother with the angelic bunny smile...

Flash back ends....

To be continued...

_________________________

Don't be afraid let's hope for the best....💜