❤️31🖤

Edited

"Ugh... stop it... so loud..." a small angelic voice was heard in the background, bringing joy to everyone present, especially Doctor Park.

"Angel..." Taehyung's eyes welled up with happiness. He attempted to get up from the bed to reach his Jungkook, but Soobin and Yeonjun were quick to place their hands on Taehyung's shoulders, gently pinning the stubborn CEO to the bed.

"Mr. Jeon... how are you feeling now?" the doctor asked, checking Jungkook's eyes.

"I-I'm fee....ling pain eve.. everywhere," Jungkook managed to utter somehow, his voice strained by a harsh, dry throat, and his body in agony.

"Don't worry, I'll give you the painkillers. You remember that you were beaten, right? That's why your body is hurting. Give some water to him and don't give any solid food. Only he can consume soup and porridge," the doctor said, then turned to Taehyung. Jungkook just nodded. Yeonjun left his hand from Taehyung's shoulder to give Jungkook water, but Soobin didn't let Taehyung get up, as he was squirming in his hold.

"For God's sake, Mr. Kim, I just changed your bandages and stitched you again. Please don't move much," Dr. Park said through gritted teeth, attempting a fake smile. Taehyung looked at him like an eagle, Oozing his murderous gaze off. The poor doctor shivered under his gaze.

"What... what ha...happened to hi...him?" Taehyung's eyes then fell on his angel, and he gave him an adorable boxy smile, changing his expression in the blink of an eye.

"Nothing happened, angel... I just fell down and injured myself. Silly me," Taehyung said nonchalantly. By the time Yeonjun gave water to Jungkook, Dr. Park left the room to give the family privacy. Jungkook didn't reply; he just gave Taehyung a look.

"Are you okay, hyungie?" Yeonjun asked, kissing Jungkook's forehead.

"M'kay," Jungkook replied, adjusting his dry throat after finally taking a sip of water.

"We'll come back after grabbing something for you and hyung to eat, and we have to inform others too. Rest well, Jungkook hyung," Soobin said, exiting with Yeonjun, but not before shooting a warning glare at Taehyung, urging him to stay put on the bed.

Jungkook silently watched Taehyung and then turned his head away without saying anything. Taehyung felt a pang in his heart, and it brought back unwanted thoughts once again.

He's mad at me, injured because of me. I should apologize... but an apology is not enough, right? What should I do now... how can I take away his pain... he said that he is hurting. I'm responsible for his suffering. I don't deserve him... I truly don't deserve him.

"Stop blaming yourself... I'm not mad at you," Jungkook uttered, facing Taehyung. A current passed through Taehyung's body as if he had been noticed by his crush for the first time. But Taehyung frowned.

I didn't say it aloud, did I?

"You didn't say it aloud, but even though we've only been together for a year, I can read you like an open book, Taehyung," Jungkook's tone was serious, expecting something from his lover.

"There was a rule between us... do you remember it, or have you forgotten the rule you set by yourself?" Taehyung felt intimidated by Jungkook's tone.

"Wh..which rule?" Taehyung badly stuttered. The power Jungkook holds over Taehyung is not a joke.

"Oh once you punished me for not remembering that rule... now I have to remind you myself. There was a rule that we won't hide anything from each other and communicate everything between us. Now you are breaking that rule. Once I neglected that rule you punished me with thirty spanks and then you gave me a silent treatment. Should I do the same?" Jungkook hissed like a snake after the statement. Realisation hit Taehyung and he gulped visibly.