Chapter 9

A reply was already waiting for me in my email and when I check out my email the next morning, he had agreed to the terms

A reply was already waiting for me in my email and when I check out my email the next morning, he had agreed to the terms. Which means, by Saturday we should be married. A weird feeling spreads through my chest as I read the message and the extra information he had written down concerning our wedding arrangements.

The terms were rather simple although a bit problematic.
*No sexual intimacies of any sort,
*No questions about my past and;
*Fuck any non-disclosure terms he might have, my sisters would be aware that this was a contract marriage. Although it wasn't worded like this, that was the point. I also added that I would be moving in with my teenage sister since I was responsible for her. Seeing that he agreed, he must be as easygoing as he looks.

Replying with a simple thanks, I start to prepare for my day at work. There's no food at home so I make Emma promise she'll have something to eat before school starts before heading to work.

I arrive and meet Stephanie waiting for me. After exchanging greetings, she begins to ask her questions while I work. "Soo... How did your date go?" She asks, leaning closer to me, a glint in her eyes. I shrug, focusing on the customer before me as I prepared his coffee.

"Okay, at least," I tell her, passing the black coffee to the customer who nods his thanks and goes to sit down in his seat.

"Okay? As in normal okay or fantastic okay?" She prods, staring at me.

Is there a difference? "Normal okay," I tell her. "I didn't go in with any expectations so there was no need to be disappointed." Changing the subject, I say. "I had your dress dry-cleaned, I'll have it returned by tomorrow."

Stephanie immediately pouts, displeasure etching her features. "But you don't have to. You can keep it. See it as a gift from me." She quips.

"Thank you but I can't. I have to return it."

She sighs, her shoulders slumping. "If you insist. Gosh, It's so hard to change your mind." She mutters as she leaves and I resist the urge to smile. The day goes by in a blur and before I know it, it's Friday. Very early in the morning, I receive another strange person at my door. This time he sends a subordinate to deliver the contract. Announcing that he's from Devon Reeves, he hands me a brown parcel.

"Here's the boss's number. If you have any requests, please do not hesitate to call." He says as he passes me a card with a number. I glance through it before keeping it in my pocket.

"Thanks," I mutter.

Luckily Emma had already left for school when this happened or else she would have asked tons of questions. Going through the terms and conditions and seeing mine included, I sign it and fill in my details in places where I'm required to. I pass it back to the subordinate who bows and leaves.

Once the contract is signed and delivered, I immediately received a down payment for the first month. The money in my account shook me to the core and I stand transfixed, staring at my phone. He isn't joking about this. For a split second, I'm tempted to run away with this but knowing he's a billionaire it won't take long before he finds me which would lead to more trouble. I shake my head at the ridiculous thought.