Chapter 47

Playlist

Playlist.
What a wonderful world by 2WEI
Enjoy reading!!!

I wake up, my body aching all over, and a throbbing headache pulsates on the side of my head. I glance down, my vision blurry, and I can make out bloodstains on my clothes. I'm soaked as hell, and my teeth are clattering, the cold seeping into my bones. The lights above me flicker, casting eerie shadows that dance around the room. The air is musty, and the room's smell invades my nose, making me scrunch them up in distaste. Instinctively, I reach out, searching for the gun I had taken earlier in my body, but it's nowhere to be found. Someone must have taken it.

Panic bubbles up inside me as I frantically look around. I'm in a windowless room, the dim light adding to the sense of foreboding. There's an empty bed frame at the corner of the room and different kinds of whips are hanging across a rack. How did I get here? The last thing I remember is driving through the rain. I try to move but note to my horror that I've been tied to the chair... Firmly. My wrists secured tightly to the arms of a chair, the chill of metal cutting into my skin, it's restraints unforgiving. Heart racing, I frantically try it pull free from it but it only makes the digging worse.

"Awake already?" a voice asks, chilling and devoid of empathy, slicing through the air, breaking the silence. Only then do I notice there's another person in the room. I freeze, my gaze darting around, my heart pounding, until it lands on the figure standing before me. My breath catches as fear constricts my chest. It's Zachary, wearing a mask and a huge black coat. His eyes shine through them, filled with nothing but malicious intent.

Fear immediately erupts within me, but I do my best to stay calm and controlled. "Zachary..." I bite out, unable to keep the loathing from my voice. "How did you find me?" I ask, my voice trembling.

He takes a step towards me, and I stiffen. "You don't remember our little accident on the way here?" he asks, and I furrow my brow, confused. Only then do the images filter in. I had been driving through the rain when a car came from nowhere, hitting mine and spinning me out of the road. The man had stepped out of his car, walked up to mine, yanked my door open, dragged me into the rain, and effectively knocked me out.

"That was you?" I croak, disbelief coating my voice.

"Of course, who else would it be?" He lowers himself so he's on eye level with me. "Did you miss me?" he asks in that sinister voice of his, and I struggle to get away from him, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"You bastard! Let go of me!" I scream at him, my voice fierce, fueled by a cocktail of anger and fear. The throbbing in my head intensifies.

He just chuckles, tilting my head forcefully so I can look at him. "You seem to forget, you're at my mercy now, and I would do whatever I see fit to you."

Enraged, I spit at him, watching as his eyes widen in surprise. "Let me go! What did I ever do to you!" I yell at him once more. "You should have stayed dead." I seethe at him, my gaze glowering.