Chapter 21

It is a Saturday morning and Emma and I are seated in the kitchen, each busy with whatever we see fit

It is a Saturday morning and Emma and I are seated in the kitchen, each busy with whatever we see fit. We have just concluded breakfast and I am busy washing up the plates while Emma is playing with her phone, earphones in her ears. Devon had woken up early as well but he is out for a run. Apparently, he resumes work much later during the weekend.

I had managed to fall asleep after the little time I spent with Devon, this time without nightmares and it makes me wonder what effect Devon is having on me. I can't stop thinking about it wondering if it is normal or not. Confused, I blame it on the chocolate.

"Wow... The two of you do look good together." Emma mutters, distracting me from my thoughts.

"What?" I ask, turning to her as I clean my hands. She glances at me before stretching her phone toward me. Collecting the phone from. I stare at the picture she was showing me. It was a photograph of us together last night and just like Emma had said, we really did look good together.

"You almost had me fooled." Emma continues. "Anyone who saw that would think the two of you were hopelessly in love with each other. But then, you've always been a great actress."

I let out a tight smile at the statement and return the phone to her. "I didn't even know pictures were taken," I tell her, going back to the kitchen sink.

"That's expected. After all, he's a billionaire. He's bound to have a set amount of paparazzi following him." She explains. Our conversation is cut short when Devon strolls into the room, drenched in sweat and his tracksuit plastered to his skin, outlining his muscles. Let's not forget the glasses that had been specially made for this exercise, giving him a sportslike look. Emma and I fall silent, just staring at him. I have to admit, Devon has a great physique.

"Damn..." I hear Emma murmur and I cast a sharp look at her which she deflects, shrugging.

"Hey there!" He greets us, oblivious to our stares.

"Hi there, my sister's husband!" Emma greets him. He grins at Emma and returns the greeting with the same enthusiasm.

"Hey there my wife's sister!" He greets, his voice breathless. Devon strolled towards the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water and taking large swigs from it.

"Welcome back," I whisper and he nods at me, a subtle look in his eyes. We maintain eye contact and I look away when I feel heat rush up to my cheeks.

"So, you have gone online yet?" Emma asks, interrupting us. He glances at her, shaking her head.

"No, why?"

"Pictures of you are already circulating and they're many people commenting on how awesome you look together."

"Really?" He asks and she nods.

Emma passes him the phone and he takes a long look at it, his brow raised. "We do look good together. I didn't even know they were paparazzi present at the party. I need to make use of this and probably manage it as well." He murmurs to himself, deep in thought.