Special Chapter 2

*Note* The contents of this chapter takes place after Devon discovers the crashed car on the highway, (between chapters 47-48 for more clarification) his internal thoughts and what happened afterwards

*Note*
The contents of this chapter takes place after Devon discovers the crashed car on the highway, (between chapters 47-48 for more clarification) his internal thoughts and what happened afterwards. it is not meant to take away from the main story but to act as an eye-opener since some of you might be confused. With that being said, let's enjoy reading!

Playlist.
Let you Down by NF
Enjoy reading!

Still standing in the rain, blurring my vision as I scour the streets for any sign of Jessica amidst the pouring rain. Nothing. She's no longer here; Zachary already has her. Kicking the wet ground in frustration, I run my hands through my hair, trying to figure out the next course of action. The cold rain is biting into my skin, but that is the least of my problems. Panic courses through my veins as minutes turn into eternity, the pounding in my heart getting louder, and the rain blinding me. Every second feels like a lifetime, and I can't shake off the feeling that I'm running out of time. Knowing there's nothing I can do here, I go back to the car, in hopes of going into a blind search for her.

But the second my hand rests on the steering wheel, that idea is immediately snuffed out. How the hell am I supposed to find her in this huge city with no idea of where she could possibly be? I slam my fists on the steering wheel in frustration, gritting my teeth. The rain pounds on the roof of the car, mirroring the storm of emotions in my heart. I grab my phone, my trembling fingers struggling to dial the number of the special defense team. It takes a while, but they eventually pick up, and I'm running low on patience.

"I can no longer track Jessica on my end. You guys are going to have to double your efforts and find her," I growl, doing my best to keep my voice controlled. "I'll send you the location of where I'm at, and you get to work. Hurry up." I mutter through gritted teeth. Without waiting for their answer, I hang up, trying to call Jessica once more. As always, she's unavailable. Having had enough, I fling the phone wherever in the car, trying to focus on the task at hand, confused and wondering what else to do.

Just as desperation threatens to consume me, a faint beeping sound fills the car, startling me. I turn my attention to the source of the sound in the car and find that the tracker has come to life once more. My heart skips a beat, my brows furrowed in confusion. Hope ignites like a flame in the darkness; the tracker on the dashboard lights up, indicating a specific location and beeping intermittently. My heart starts to race. I stare at the screen, my eyes widening in disbelief. The signal points to a location not far from here, and it's staying at a particular spot.

Sitting up in the chair, I take off my glasses and clean them, placing them back on before carefully examining the scene before me-the tracker on the dashboard. I'm perplexed by its sudden activation. "That can't be right," I mumble to myself, glancing at the bracelet on the dashboard. The tracker shouldn't be with Jessica, yet it's on, blinking insistently. Picking it up, my fingers trail over the bracelet, and it's then that I realize-the tracker piece is gone. Jessica must have taken it with her. What the..!?

Realization dawns on me, and despite the tension in my chest, a corner of my lips curls up, a mixture of surprise and admiration flooding my being-worry, frustration, and a strange sense of pride. She outsmarted everyone, including me. She knew I'd be tracking her, and she found a way to take it with her without the bracelet. She's determined to keep herself safe, no matter the risks. I let out a chuckle, turn on the car, and get back on the road once more.

With a renewed sense of urgency, I press my foot on the gas pedal, the engine roaring to life as the rain continues to pour down, my heart racing. Speeding through the rain-soaked highway, the rain obscures my vision, and I curse under my breath, willing the windshield wipers to work faster. My heart pounds with every passing second. The beeping from the tracker intensifies, guiding me towards the unknown.

As I drive, flashes of memories with Jessica flood my mind-their tenderness, their laughter, their shared moments. A rush of emotions hits me-fear, determination, love. I won't let anything happen to her. I won't let Zachary's threats become a reality. The beeping grows louder, guiding me down an unfamiliar path. My grip on the steering wheel tightens, my knuckles turning white. The rain pelts against the car, a constant reminder of the chaos that has engulfed our lives. But I cling onto hope. I will find her. I have to.

Thunder rumbles ahead, lightning striking through the sky as the downpour continues. I drive through the rain-soaked streets, my grip on the steering wheel tightening. My thoughts are a jumble of worry and anticipation. I can't shake the feeling that time is running out, that every moment I'm not by her side is a moment that Zachary could use to hurt her. My lips set in a thin line, and my eyes narrow. I won't let it happen, not if I can put a stop to it.

Rage swells in me once more as I think of Zachary. I'm going to find that bastard, and when I do, there will be hell to pay for what he's done.

*****
Aaaaaand That's a wrap!!!! Thank you so much for reading and many thanks for your support.

Special thanks goes to alysunsanders13 for all of your support and comments. To all my voters, here's a shout out to you!!!! Thank you all so much for your votes! I appreciate everyone of you! We conclude this book here but this story is far from over! Don't forget to share this story to your friends, follow me for more updates and add this book to your reading lists!

See you soon in my next book, Bye for now!!!!