Chapter 48

Playlist

Playlist.
Gilded Lily by Cults.
Warning ⚠️⚠️: Some parts may be triggering to some readers. Readers discretion is advised.
Enjoy reading!

Reeling from the effects of the electrocution, my entire body convulses uncontrollably. It feels as though a thousand red-hot needles have been thrust into my skin, their fiery tips piercing deep into my muscles. Tears stream down my face, mingling with the sweat that beads on my forehead, creating a salty river that slides down my cheeks. The spot where he shocked me hurts a lot, making it difficult to breathe.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Zachary asks, an amused chuckle escaping his lips. He walks closer to me, his face hovering just before mine. "Look at you screaming, just the way I remember it. Music to my ears."

"Fuck you!" I growl, my voice already hoarse from all the screaming.

"Oh, by the time I'm done with you, you'll be begging me to do exactly that." He utters, his eyes glowing with lust.

"Not on my life," I mutter underneath my breath, making sure he doesn't hear. He tilts my face towards him, wiping off the tears and blood from my face. "Should we do it again?" He asks, turning on the taser once more. A whimper escapes my lips, and I try to move away from him, but he just chuckles, bringing it closer to me once more.

"Looks like you're not enjoying this," he mutters when he sees me stiffen. Cocking his head to the side, he smiles at me, the scar on his face making him look like a monster. "Do you think your husband is better than me?" He asks suddenly, causing me to flinch in surprise.

I want to say something, but I decide to keep my mouth shut, looking away from him.

"Oh, come on..." He jeers at me. "You were blabbering just moments ago." He hovers the taser on my skin once more. "Want me to feed you with the taser once more?"

When I don't reply, he presses it against my stomach once again, and a pain-filled scream escapes my lips once more. My hoarse, scratchy voice can barely be called a yell as my body spasms again.

Sweat pours from my body, and I'm surprised I haven't passed out yet. The sheer intensity of the pain leaves me momentarily blind and gasping for air. Everywhere fucking hurts!

Zachary's gaze locks onto mine, a twisted smile on his lips. "You're quite the resilient one, aren't you?" He muses, his voice dripping with a sick sort of admiration. "Most people would have blacked out by now," he informs me.

I raise my chin at him, meeting his gaze defiantly, the taste of blood on my tongue from where I bit my lip to keep from screaming. "Well, I'm not a lot of people," I spit out, my words dripping with venom.

His chuckle is cold, sending a shiver down my spine. "I know. Which is why I'm enjoying this. Don't worry, this is just the beginning."

Circling around me like a predator, my heart starts to race. He steps closer, the air around us thick with tension. I can feel his presence, suffocating and menacing. It's as though he feeds off my fear, revels in it. Lowering himself, he kisses my ear, sticking a wet tongue into my earlobe. I flinch away from him, disgust crawling up my spine at the action.