Chapter 52

Playlist

Playlist.
Something Just Like This by Chainsmokers and Coldplay
Symphony by Clean Bandit ft Zara larsson
Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
Happier by Marshmello ft. Bastille.
Enjoy reading!!

(A week later.)

Today is my last day at the hospital, and I'm getting ready to go home. While I wait for Devon and Emma to arrive, I have enough time to reminisce about my life this past week. It's been a journey, a rollercoaster of emotions and pain, but I can finally feel the long-awaited sense of relief settling in. Today is the day I leave this place, the day I step out of the confines of the hospital, a place I never enjoyed being in anyway. I gaze out of the window, my eyes tracing the path of a lone bird soaring freely in the sky, and a small smile adorns my lips.

My love for Devon has grown in leaps and bounds the past week, and I can feel it radiating off my body. He told me earlier this week that he had taken care of Zachary, although he didn't specify what exactly he did to him. I didn't bother asking, happy to be closing that chapter of my life for good.

The door bursts open, momentarily interrupting me, and the two people I love and adore walk in. A smile graces my lips as I step out of the bed and walk towards Devon, who catches me, pulling me in for a kiss. I return it with equal fervor, flattening my hands on his chest. Once he pulls away, I smile at him and watch as his eyes twinkle.

"Good morning," he mutters, his voice low and husky.

"Good morning to you too," I reply before turning to Emma, ruffling her hair, a small smile on my face. "Hi, how are you doing there, fella?"

"You know, hanging in there," she replies, shrugging before grinning at me.

"Are you ready to go home?" Devon asks, and I nod, clasping my hands together.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I mutter grudgingly. "Can't wait to get out of here."

Devon chuckles. "Me too. Missed you," he adds, giving me a wink before stepping out of the ward. With Emma's help, I pack the last bit of my belongings and walk out of the room. We head out of the hospital after Devon takes care of the bill, and he drives us home. I'm in the passenger seat, and Emma is lying down on the backseat, busying herself with her phone. Looking out the window with a content look on my face, I continue to reminisce.

Emma had recovered from her flare-up and resumed school, much to my relief. Unfortunately, Sophie left for New York the same day she arrived to visit, promising to return once she was done with her last semester examinations. I can still recall the conversation we had at the hospital when she made the announcement.

"When will you stop coming like lightning and leaving like thunder every time you're around?" Emma groans, standing in my ward as she walks around with her IV drip.

"I can't help it. It's the only way you people are going to remember me," she replies, snickering. I just watched on, feeling glad that my sisters are doing alright. They'll always be the most important things to her. But now, Devon has joined in as well.