Chapter 51

Playlist

Playlist.
Insomnia by 2WEI
Enjoy reading!!

The air in the dimly lit room hangs heavy with tension. The faint hum of an overhead light echoes the pulse of impending confrontation. My gaze remains fixed on Zachary; my face expressionless despite the rage brewing in me. Across from me, bound and bruised, Zachary seethes, his eyes blazing with anger.

A subtle smirk starts playing at the corner of my lips. "We meet again, Zachary. Hello there," I mutter as I watch him. He wheezes, trying to move in his seat but groaning as he does so, in obvious pain.

"You bastard!" He growls, glaring at me. "You did this to me!" He yells, and I nod, leaning back in mine.

"You're right. I did this to you. But that's because you deserve it," I answer, my voice as calm as ever. He glowers at me, snarling.

"You. I'm going to kill you," he growls, tensing all over his body.

"You're going to have to stand up from there first," I reply, adjusting my glasses. Enraged, he starts to hurl insults, but I just stare at him, unperturbed. I watch as Zachary's torrent of insults begins to wane, replaced by gasps for breath as his anger is slowly spent. The silence that follows is deafening, and a chilling smile appears on my lips.

Leaning forward, I glare at him. "You thought you could lay a hand on her and get away with it?" My tone is low and dangerous, a stark contrast to his. I click my tongue, letting out a breath. "You should have stayed away from Jessica. You shouldn't have even dreamt of harming her. But since you did, you're going to have to pay for that."

"What can you measly bastard possibly do to me?" He spits back, his voice condescending.

"We're about to find out. I intend to make you disappear from the surface of the earth once I'm done with you," I tell him, my gaze narrowing as I lean back in the chair, my voice turning sinister as I speak the next words. "But before then," I hiss, "you're going to tell me exactly what you did to her."

Zachary's laughter cuts through the tension, a chilling sound that sends shivers down my spine. "Nothing! We were just having fun, like old times, and I wouldn't have fucked her if you didn't interrupt."

My grip tightens, and I clench my fists in anger. Still, I hold onto my control. "You call what you did to Jessica 'fun'?" I ask, my voice ice-cold. "It must have been funny to you then, exciting even."

Nodding to the man in the room, the latter walks out, leaving the two of us alone to glare at each other. I continue speaking. "Well, according to the police investigation, they found a taser in the room. Which means you must've electrocuted her. Used a taser on her." I watch Zachary's reaction closely, satisfaction curling at the corners of my lips.

"So, I plan to do the same to you as well. You know, since it's fun." I tell him.

The latter soon returns with a huge device. A silent acknowledgment passes between us as the man in the room brings forward a device with clamps, a device designed to repay pain with pain. Zachary sees this, and his eyes slowly widen. For the first time since I entered the room, fear is reflected in them.

"Electrocute him," I order coldly, and the man presses both clamps onto Zachary's chest, sending jolts of electricity into his body. I watch as he screams, his voice filled with pure agony. He spasms and writhes in the chair, looking like a broken doll. After a while, the clamps are removed from him, and Zachary slumps there, his body still spasming, appearing paralyzed.

"Did it feel good?" I ask, but he's too disoriented to reply. He manages to glare at me, blood trickling from his nose. He looks ghastly, and for a moment, I almost feel sorry for him. That feeling is immediately stomped out though.

"I asked a question, Zachary. Did it feel good?"

"Go to hell," he growls at me, his breaths heavy and ragged. I shake my head, rubbing my forehead.

"Use the clamps one more time," I order, and he's electrocuted again, this time longer than before. Zachary screams, his tied body convulsing uncontrollably in the chair. The moment the clamps are removed, he slumps in the chair, panting, his body covered in sweat. "When I ask a question, I expect an answer. Did. It. Feel. Good?" I grit out through clenched teeth.

Slowly, Zachary shakes his head, tears leaking from his eyes. My lower lip twitches. "Good, that's exactly how Jessica felt when you used the taser on her. Don't worry, this is just the beginning. I still have many more things in store for you."

"I'm going to kill you," Zachary groans, his voice hoarse. "When I get out of here, I promise I'll make you pay."

"And who's going to let you leave this place? I'm planning on erasing you from the surface of the earth, make no mistake about that." My voice grows darker, more ominous as I issue the next command. "Cut him up, but make sure he doesn't bleed to death," I order the man. He produces a blade and begins to slice Zachary's body, blood marring the blade and covering his body.

Zachary howls in pain, shifting on the chair as he becomes covered in cuts, hurling insults and curses at me. I just watch, seeing him get drenched in his own blood.

Soon, his entire body is carved up and he's almost lifeless. He passes out at one point, but the man is quick to wake him up. I glance at my watch, noting how much time has passed. "I've been here for way too long, and I'm starting to get bored. Let's finish this quickly," I announce, clapping my hands. "Bring out the tub and kegs."

The men outside walk into the room, carrying a huge tub big enough for one person. Placing it on the floor, Zachary is loosened and placed inside it. Soon, three kegs are brought into the room as well, and I stand up to my feet.

"What's in those kegs?" Zachary's voice barely registers, a weak whisper in the air. He's tied up again, and I approach him. "What are you doing?" He yells at me. I stride closer, hands held behind my back, locking my gaze onto his.

"This is the first and last time I'll say this, so understand clearly. No one hurts my wife-NO ONE-gets away with it. No one, and that includes you," I declare, my voice composed and steady. "I made a promise at the start of this encounter. I'm going to ensure you vanish from the face of the earth, body included."

Zachary's mouth falls agape as realization dawns, and he starts shaking his head, eyes wide with terror. "Dissolve this scoundrel. I want a clean, impeccable job," I direct the men in the room.

"Yes, sir," they respond in unison, swiftly opening the kegs while donning protective gear.

"No! Please!" Zachary's scream pierces the air as I turn away. "I promise not to harm anyone again! Just let me go!" He yells, his voice filled with desperation.

I pay no attention, not casting a glance back, even as his cries of horror assail my ears. Stepping out of the dimly lit room, I shut the door behind me, letting my eyes adjust to the bright lights outside. Inhaling deeply, I exhale slowly, my lips forming a tight line.

My job here is done. I have a wife to get back to.

****
Can't believe we had Devon's point of view three chapters in a row! Satisfying chapter, don't you think?
Let me know your thoughts!
See you in the next one!