Chapter 40

Playlist

Playlist.
See you again by Tyler the Creator ft Kali Uchis.
Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray
Can't help falling in Love (Dark) by Tommee Profitt ft Brooke.
Enjoy reading!!!

Weeks later, the excitement of our newfound love still envelops us, its warmth refusing to wane. It surprises me how wrong I was to worry that Devon would get tired of me quickly. Every day seems to fly by as we laugh together and share sweet kisses. My favorite thing now is lying on Devon's chest at night and listening to him tell stories about his life.

His voice is like a soothing song, and I'm captivated by every word he says. I feel a deep connection as he shares his thoughts and feelings with me. It's like we have our own little world during these late-night conversations.

With my head resting on his chest, I feel the steady beat of his heart, and it makes me feel safe and secure. In these moments, everything feels right, and I can't help but believe that our love is meant to last.

And the best part is, I no longer have to pretend to be in love with him because, well... I am in love with him, and I'll be honest, the real thing is way better than the fake one. Since his admission, we've attended very few business parties, and he made it clear that it's because he wanted us to get to know each other better. So, when we finally attended one, we were quick to get bored of it.

"Hey, want to get out of here?" he whispers to me, mischief glinting in his eyes as he leans closer. Trying not to laugh, I nod eagerly, and he stands up, taking my hands in his. Within moments, we're running down the streets of San Francisco, our evening clothes swaying with each step, and our arms linked together.

The city's nightlife is exhilarating and chaotic, and it feels like everyone around us is wearing a smile. Hand in hand, we wander through the vibrant streets, with no particular destination in mind. We're eager to explore everything this lively city has to offer.

Like two excited children, we venture into the bustling stalls, enticed by the mouthwatering smells of street food that fill the air. The delicious aromas make our stomachs growl, urging us to sample different dishes. Devon playfully nudges me toward a street food vendor, encouraging me to try a succulent grilled meat skewer. I take a bite, and the explosion of flavors delights my taste buds, leaving me craving more. We laugh and tease each other playfully as we savor the diverse treats, immersing ourselves in a moment of pure joy and silliness.

As we continue our stroll, street performers create a lively symphony of music that fills the air. The bustling noise of the city fades away as we find comfort in each other's company. Our fingers intertwine, and the connection between us grows stronger, making the world around us seem distant and insignificant.

Tonight has been an evening of laughter like I've never experienced before. Our adventure takes us to an old arcade shop, and after some playful deliberation, we decide to give it a try. Inserting a couple of dollars, we play various games, and I find myself winning most of them. The sound of our laughter echoes through the arcade, and the joy in Devon's eyes makes my heart soar.