Chapter 50

Playlist:Little Girl Gone by CHINCHILLA

Playlist:
Little Girl Gone by CHINCHILLA.
Enjoy reading!

The very next day, after taking a shower and feeling refreshed, I head to the hospital. The chaos from yesterday has left me feeling a bit uneasy, and I really want to see Jessica's face to make sure she's okay. I go along with Emma, who has decided to skip school so she can spend more time with her sister-an idea that sounded splendid to me.

Getting to her ward, I knock a couple of times before pushing the door open, walking in and meeting her sitting, discussing with the doctor. She sees us, and her face lights up, a gentle smile adorning her face. She looks so much better today, the pallor of her skin replaced by a gentle glow. Emma immediately rushes to her, giving her a quick hug, while I take a more leisurely stride towards her.

"Good morning," I call out softly, reaching out to kiss her forehead, a rush of affection warming me from the inside out. She smiles at me, her gaze never leaving mine. "How are you feeling?" I ask, holding her hands.

"I feel much better," she announces, tucking her hair behind her ears with a free hand, a light flush staining her cheeks. "You're not going to work today?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"I need to be somewhere else today. Emma came as well. She'll be skipping school today," I tell her, and she glances at Emma, her gaze questioning. The latter shrugs, settling on the chair beside her.

"No reason really, just wanted to spend more time with you. There's nothing special I'm doing in school anyway. And, I brought food! Hospital food can be terrible," Emma adds, raising the lunchbox. Sitting down on the hospital bed, Emma grins at Jessica, her eyes glinting with mischief. ",Pluuus," she drawls, placing her hands on her chin. "There's a surprise for you."

"What surprise?" Jessica starts to ask when the door bursts open and someone storms in, stunning everyone. I glance at the stranger and I'm a little stunned. She's the spitting image of Jessica, except with shorter, dyed hair and a tattoo sleeve.

"Where's she!?" She asks no one in particular, and Emma points to Jessica.

"Sophie?! What are you doing here?" Jessica asks, startled, her eyes wide. "Is this the surprise?!" She asks, turning to Emma who nods.

"There you are! What the hell were you thinking!!?" She immediately screams, sounding pissed as hell. I just stare back and forth between the three sisters, feeling out of place.

"You did not tell me she was coming!" Jessica continues to tell Emma.

"She didn't tell me she was coming either. But she's here now," Emma replies, snickering. "Hi there, Sophie."

"Hey, you," Sophie replies, not glancing in Emma's direction at all. Emma just rolls her eyes, walking out of the ward and taking me along. When we step out, the door closes behind us, and I ask why.