ǝuO ɹǝʇdɐɥƆ

A car was driving across the road into Hawkins, Indiana. Inside the vehicle were a 13-year-old boy named Y/N L/N and his father Owen L/N.

They had recently moved here because of a family tragedy and Owen couldn't live there anymore without being reminded about what had happened.

"We're almost there." Owen said as took a pretty sharp turn and drove beside some houses. The car eventually stopped at a house where the mailbox read '4820'.

The duo stepped out of the car as they looked around the area. "Seems quiet." Y/N commented as his father shrugged in response. "Could be. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing."

Owen opened the trunk of the car and started getting some bags out

Owen opened the trunk of the car and started getting some bags out. "Why don't you go and say 'hello' to our new neighbors, while I move everything inside." he suggests as Y/N nodded in response with a simple "ok".

"And who knows, maybe it's a cute girl." Owen said with a wink as Y/N just chuckled. "Yeah, sure."

Y/N walked to the house beside his own, numbered '4819', and knocked on the door a couple of times.

After getting no response, Y/N decided to look inside through the windows. Once he did, he saw a man around young adulthood walking towards the door with a cigarette in his mouth.

Y/N stood back in the doorway as the young adult opened the door. "Hi." Y/N greeted as he put his hand out for him to take... which he didn't.

Y/N awkwardly put his hand down as the man only picked his cigarette away from his mouth and spoke up. "I'm Billy."

"Now, what do you want?" he asked as he leaned against the doorframe

"Oh, nothing." Y/N quickly replied. "I only wanted to greet my new neighbors." he said with the best smile he could pull at that moment. "Does anyone else live here?"

"Unfortunately." Billy murmured as he looked back inside to the stairs. "Maxine, get your ass down here! Someone wants to see you!"

"She'll be with you shortly." Billy said with a smile, and not the fun one, more the creepy kind, as he closed the door.

Almost a second later the door opened again. Y/N looked up to see a ginger-haired, blue-eyed girl standing opposite of him. She looked stressed, but upon seeing him, she looked relaxed again. "Hi, sorry for the wait." she said with a giggle.

"You mean the very long wait of barely a second?" Y/N asked with sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Wow, you're slow." he continued, making the girl softly chuckle.

"You must be Maxine?" the young boy asked, as that was the name Billy had called for.

"It's actually just Max

"It's actually just Max." she said as she stook her head out a bit, before looking at the ground. "I don't really like when people call me Maxine."

"Than Max it is." Y/N smiled as the redhead looked back up at him. "I'm Y/N." he replied as he extended his hand towards her, she grabbing it and shaking hands.

Both young teens let go as the girl looked over Y/N's shoulder. "Is that your dad?" she asked as Y/N saw Owen carrying the last box inside.

"Yeah, we just moved here." Y/N replied. "Anything that I should be aware of?" he asked as Max thought for a second. "Well, a kid went missing in the woods not too long ago."

"Wait, really?" Y/N asked as Max nodded. "Yup. They're calling him 'zombie boy' or whatever."

Y/N hummed in response as Billy called something out to Max. "I have to go." Max said with an apologetic tone.

"It's fine." Y/N shrugged as Max walked back inside. "Don't forget school tomorrow." she reminded him as the door fully closed.

Y/N smiled as he turned back to see his father smiling at him. "So, cute girl?" he asked as Y/N passed him. "I don't wanna hear it."