uǝʌǝS-ʎʇuǝʍꓕ ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

It has been a few months since the party that shall not be talked about happened. The two teens at the center of the situation have both changed drastically.

Max Mayfield wasn't as outgoing and social as she used to be. Some say that she was now even less social than when her brother died. The ginger-haired girl was also beginning to smoke, drink and taking all kinds of pills. Some could say she followed in her family's footsteps.

As for Y/N L/N, he only socialized with his recently made friend; Emma Cunningham, the younger sister of Chrissy Cunningham. His grades were dramatically lower than they used to be.

Mike, Dustin and Lucas were at the center of it. They were all friends with each other after all. They didn't like to pick sides, so they tried socializing with who they came across first.

Many people had high hopes that this was just a fase. Something that would blow over in the span of a few weeks. But that didn't happen. The once-loving couple were now acting like they were each other's worst enemies.

Which brings us to today.

Max stepped out of the school bus she was in as she listened to the music on her walkman. She took a few steps before hearing someone calling her name. She took off her headphones as she saw the source of the noise.

"Where were you yesterday?" the school counselor, Mrs. Kelly,  asked as the girl shook her head. "Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot it was Thursday."

"Well, I'd like to see you today. Come straight after lunch, okay?"

Without replying, the ginger widened her eyes before putting her headphones back on her ears and walking off.

Shortly after Max had left, Y/N walked onto the school grounds with Emma by his side. "Come on, Y/N!" the black-haired girl pulled her friend by his arm.

"Calm down, Emma." Y/N softly smiled at the girl's antics. "We're going to be on time."

"Y/N?" Mrs. Kelly asked as the boy turned around. "If you don't mind, could you come by my office during lunch?"

"What? Why?" Y/N asked. "I already went Thursday and we agreed on once a week."

"I know. I would just like to say some stuff. That's all." the older woman said as she smiled at him.

"I--" Y/N sighed before replying. "Yeah, sure."

"Great. Thank you." the counselor smiled as she walked away from the pair.

"Lunch ruined." Y/N stated as Emma shrugged. "Maybe it won't be so bad."

"Easy for you to say." he said as the two started walking towards the gymnasium room again. "You won't get the 'why does your life suck now, Y/N' question every week."

"Then don't suck so much." Emma shrugged as the two walked inside the gymnasium. Y/N and Emma sat down as the show started.

One of the cheerleaders got thrown in the air as she spun a few times before being caught by her fellow cheerleaders.

In front of them, a few other leaders were doing the signature dances they had all trained on. But Emma and Y/N kept their eyes on the redhead in the middle, Chrissy Cunningham.

The students with the musical instruments, one of them being Robin Buckley, started as someone in a Tiger costume danced in front of the students.

The students were cheering and clapping as Emma was cheering her older sister on. "Go, girl! You're doing great!"

Max joined the room as she sat down beside Dustin, who himself was seated beside Mike. The two boys were arguing about whose girlfriend was better.

The music stopped as the cheerleaders returned back to their spots in front of the audience.