oʍꓕ-ʎʇɹᴉɥꓕ ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

"Max!"

"Max, please, wake up!"

"Max!"

"Fight him, Max!"

"Max!"

Suddenly Max's eyes shot open before she fell down towards the ground

Suddenly Max's eyes shot open before she fell down towards the ground. Y/N ran up and caught her before she touched the ground.

"Max!" "Max, are you okay?" "Max!"

"Oh, my God!" Max held onto Y/N as she rapidly looked around the area. Y/N grabbed Max's cheeks with his hands as he made her look at him. "Look. Look! It's me, alright? You're back."

"Y/N..." Max spoke. "Are you... Are you...?"

"You're back." Y/N hugged the girl tightly.  "I'm here. I got you."

"Y/N." Max buried her head into Y/N's chest as Y/N kept hugging her. Max was starting to cry as Y/N closed his eyes and let out a breath. "I got you, baby. I got you."

"Holy shit, it worked." Dustin breathed out.

Y/N hugged Max tightly as Max put her head further into his chest. She was releasing some quiet sobs as tears fell out of her eyes.

"Let's get back to the car, okay?" Y/N softly asked as Max nodded in his chest. "Okay. I'm gonna lift you up now, okay?" he asked again as Max nodded again.

"Get the car ready." Y/N told Steve as he slowly got Max onto her feet.

"Yeah, of course." Steve nodded.

"Oh, God. Nancy!" Dustin exclaimed before running back to the car to tell Nancy and Robin that their solution theory worked.

○●○

The group arrived at the Wheeler household. They were let in by Ms. Wheeler and the group walked into the basement of the house.

Steve, Dustin, Lucas, Nancy and Robin were fast asleep as Max was seated on the couch that was in the room.

"Hey." Y/N said as Max put one of her walkman's ears behind her ear as she looked at the boy. "Are you alright?"

"As alright as I'll ever be after today." Max answered with a soft smile. "How about you?"

"I thought you were going to die today." Y/N spoke. "After I saw you fly into the air I just..." he shook his head. "I thought you were gone."

"I thought so too." Max admitted as she looked down to her walkman. "But then I heard Kate Bush in my ears. And after that, I heard you calling out to me to fight him. So I did."

"I'm glad you did." Y/N smiled as he took Max's hands into his own. "I'm so glad you did."

The two looked into each other's eyes as Y/N inched closer to the ginger, but Max pulled back. "Y/N..."