uǝǝʇɹnoᖵ ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

Eleven had managed to close the gate before more monsters could be released onto the world. And once she did, all the Demo-dogs inside the hive mind died. Luckily the whole group made it out alive.

But the strangeness didn't stop. Once they got back from the Upside Down and into the real world, Y/N and Max walked towards a nearby ambulance. But once they did, Max stopped and held Y/N's arm up, without any scars left to show from the attack.

Both of them wanted to question it, but didn't once their parents arrived at the scene and quickly took them home.

The next day, a funeral was held for Barbara, a friend of Nancy's who passed away by a Demogorgon attacking last year. But only the party and the adults knew about the real reason. While Max and Y/N never met her, they were present at the funeral with Y/N's father, Owen.

Once the funeral came to a close, the kids of Hawkins Middle school were preparing themselves for the Snow Ball of '84.

Max put on a blue dress and put her hair in a tail as her mother helped her. "Ow, ow. That hurts."

"It's gonna be worth it

"It's gonna be worth it." her mother, Susan, promised as Max looked to the side to see Billy looking at her, but not saying anything as he walked out of her eye sight. "See? Pretty."

Y/N meanwhile put on a fancy suit Owen had bought for his son. "See? You look great." he complimented as Owen finished putting on Y/N's tie.

"Thanks, dad." Y/N nodded. "I just want to be sure. We're cool, right?" Y/N asked. I mean, he did leave through day and night without telling his dad.

"Yeah." Owen chuckled. "We're good."

When the time arrived, everyone was being driven by their parents towards the school. Lucas, Will, Mike, Nancy and Jonathan were the first of the group to be reunited.

Max stepped out of her parent's car and quickly walked inside. But not quite fast enough to be missed by Y/N's staring eyes.

"Just ask her." Owen spoke up, startling Y/N a bit. "What?"

"Y/N, I see the way you're looking at her. You're developing a crush." Owen explained. "And that's perfectly fine."

"I'm just scared that it'll ruin our friendship

"I'm just scared that it'll ruin our friendship." Y/N said looking down to his suddenly very interesting shoes.

"It won't. Trust me." Owen smiled. "This is how it started with me and your mom. At school, with a dance. With a question."

Y/N took a deep breath as he looked back up. "Wish me luck." he sighed as he stepped out of the car. "Good luck. Just tell me when to pick you up." Owen said as he started the car and drove off again.

Y/N walked inside as he was greeted by Mr. Clarke. "Evening, just Y/N." he smiled as he crossed the boy's name from a list in front of him.

Y/N walked further into the room as he saw all the people already talking with each other. Y/N looked around and eventually his eyes connected with some blue ones on the other side of the room.

"Hey." Y/N smiled as he gave each of the group a handshake. The boys gave a quick handshake as Max took a longer one while looking into Y/N's eyes. "Hey." she smiled.

"You look beautiful." Y/N complimented as Max looked down while her cheeks turned a light shade of red. "You look beautiful, too."

"Do you, maybe, like, wanna dance with me?" Y/N asked as Max nodded. "Sure, yeah."

While holding hands, Y/N carefully led Max through the crowd and turned around to face the ginger. "Is this okay?" Y/N asked as he put one hand on her shoulder as he put the other hand on her waist.

"Yeah, it's fine." Max nodded as she put her arms around Y/N's neck. They slowly started dancing along with the music as the pair slowly but surely moved closer towards each other.

"I wanna ask you this question, Max." Y/N spoke up after a while of silently dancing. "It could be a big thing. But it doesn't have to be a big thing. Like, I don't wanna pressure you into something or, like, ruin our friendship or--"

Y/N's rambling got cut off by a pair of soft lips attaching themselves to his. Y/N closed his eyes as he kissed a little longer before Max pulled away. Y/N opened his eyes and saw Max smiling.

They both chuckled as they looked down towards the floor. "You just kissed me." Y/N smiled as the couple's eyes connected once again. "That's presumptuous of you." Max smiled back.

"Do you, like, maybe, wanna be my girlfriend?" Y/N asked as Max chuckled. "Maybe."

Both young teens closed the gap again as their lips moved together while the slow music was playing in the background.

The Knight made his Zoomer happy, and the Zoomer made her Knight happy.

○●○

The next day, Y/N was running around the house. Trying to find any cash he had around.

He and Max made plans to go on a date at the arcade, and had heard from his sister that 'a man always pays on the first date'.

"Dad!" Y/N called out through the house. "I need money for my date with Max."

"I'll get some for you." Owen smiled as he ruffled his son's hair. "Quarters, right?"

"Yeah." Y/N nodded. "That's the only thing these machines will take."

While Owen was searching in his wallet for a few quarters, the doorbell rang. And as curiosity got the better of him, Y/N walked towards and opened the door.

"Hello Y/N." the man with long, grey hair greeted the boy.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" Y/N asked. "I have a very important date to go on."

"Oh, excuse me. Where are my manners." the man apologized as he held his hand out towards Y/N. "My name is Arthur. Arthur Harrow."

"And I believe you and me should have a bit of a chat

"And I believe you and me should have a bit of a chat."

(End of Stranger Things season 2)