uǝꓕ ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

After the encounter at the junkyard, the group was now tracking the paw prints of the creatures.

"Max, can we talk?" Y/N asked as he grabbed the ginger's arm and pulling her back a little.

"Yeah, sure." Max nodded as the duo slowed down their movement speed. "What's up?"

"Do you remember when I saved Steve back there?" Y/N asked.

"Of course, why?"

"Because I don't remember that."

"What?" Max asked as she stopped her movements completely. "What do you mean you can't remember?"

"I just don't. I only remember blinking a lot and then I was being thanked by Steve." Y/N explained as he and Max continued walking again.

"Did you have a blackout?" Max asked as Y/N shrugged. "Maybe. I really don't know."

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked, breaking Y/N and Max from their private talk as Dustin answered the question. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"How do you even know that?" Y/N asked as Max quickly spoke up next. "He was tiny two days ago."

"Well, he's molted three times already."

"Malted?"

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?"

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin answered Max's question as they continued walking along a train rail. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve spoke up as he looked around the area with his flashlight.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas asked while putting his arm in front of Dustin, stopping the group

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas asked while putting his arm in front of Dustin, stopping the group. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No."

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve informed as the new kid's heads snapped up at the older teen. "Mews? Who's Mews?"

"It's Dustin's cat." the young man with perfect hair clarified.

"Steve!"

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas exclaimed as he pushed Dustin's shoulder.

"No! No. No, I... No, I..." Dustin tried coming up with an excuse, but knew Lucas wouldn't buy anything. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max tried breaking up the verbal fight.

"I care!" Lucas exclaimed as Y/N turned towards Steve. "Does this happen often?"