ǝǝɹɥꓕ-ʎʇuǝʍꓕ ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

Eleven was currently seated in front of an open freezer. The group was in various positions around her.

They were all silent so El could focus on her powers until Lucas decided to loudly open a can of soda.

"Quiet." Max and Y/N whispered at the same time while turning to look at the boy, who whispered an apology back. "Oh, sorry."

"How do you even drink that?" Mike asked as Lucas shrugged. "Because it's delicious."

"What?" Both Mike and Max asked as the rest just continued to watch.

"It's like Carpenter's The Thing. The original is a classic, no question about it. But the remake..." Lucas explained as he took another sip of the drink. "Sweeter, bolder... better."

"You're insane." Mike told him as Y/N sighed and closed his eyes before putting out his hand slightly towards Eleven.

"What are you doing?" Max asked her boyfriend as Y/N pointed to his eyes. His irises were now light blue instead of his usual eye color. "Do you remember when you wanted to study in complete silence?"

"Yeah?" Max tilted her head slightly as Y/N shrugged. "Oh." the ginger spoke in realization. All the while Mike and Lucas were still arguing with each other.

"So, you prefer the original Thing?"

"What? No I'm not talking about The Thing, I'm talking about New Coke."

"It's the same concept, dude."

"Uh, actually, it's not the same concept."

"It is the same concept."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is." Lucas began yelling as Y/N turned his head toward him. "Hey!"

"Sorry." the two boys apologized as Eleven took the American flag wrapped around her eyes off and looked around while not being able to hear anything.

"El." Mike spoke as Y/N stopped using his powers. "Did you find him?" Mike asked as El nodded before standing up. "Movies."

"The movies?" Lucas asked as he moved the shopping cart full of fireworks forward while the group followed El. "Dustin's so freaked out about the gate, he decides to go watch a movie? Yeah, makes total sense."

"You're positive he said 'gate' and not 'great'?" Max asked.

"Yeah, like, 'this movie I'm watching is great.'" Will added.

"Sounded like 'gate'." El insisted.

"Which would explain how the Mind Flayer's still alive." Mike commented.

"Yeah, we just have to shut it again." Nancy said behind the kids. "Then the monster dies."

"But if not, we always have Lucas' fireworks." Max sarcastically told the group, creating a response from the boy in question. "Keep mocking my plan, Max. Keep mocking it. I wanna hear you say it again, because you keep doubting me. You keep doubting me!"

"Ridiculous."

"Will? We're gonna prove 'em wrong, right?"

While the group was leaving the store and arguing amongst themselves, they failed to notice something being created in Eleven's blood on the floor.

○●○

After arriving at the Starcourt Mall, Eleven used her powers to take out some people who were chasing Dustin and his little crew.

The group ran down to them as Dustin, Steve, Erica, and Robin, a girl that worked with Steve, ran to hug their friends.

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin laughed as he embraced El and Mike.