Fauna: Yandere Captor Part 3

*Mumei pov*

Fauna has been acting oddly today. All of yesterday, she was threatening and had an ominous feeling, but today she was like she had always been adorable and sweet, her voice soothing my soul, unlike how it filled me with fear yesterday.

"Mumei, how is your leg?" Fauna asked

"It hurts," I told her.

Fauna nodded and rummaged in a medicine cabinet, handing me painkillers.

"Take those," she said to me. She gave me a full glass of water as well and let me drink all of it.

"Tell me when you are ready to go," Fauna softly said.

I frowned at her tone. She is clearly sad. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind. "Fauna, I forgive you," I said to her again.

Fauna began to cry softly. I gazed at her and gently wiped her tears away.

"Fauna I will run away with you if that's what you I said to her.

Fauna shook her head and pulled away from me.

"That's what you think I want to hear." She mumbled

"No, I mean it, Fauna, because I love you and I want to be on equal footing with you!" I said loudly:

Fauna didn't respond to me. She just silently nodded to me. I smiled slightly but was also a bit saddened.

My plan was to make Fauna feel bad, but it worked a little too well. I didn't actually want to hurt her feelings; I wanted her to just let me go.

"Fauna, I love you!" I repeated it again, hoping eventually she would respond to the repeated phrase.

"Mumei, I love you, but I can't stand myself," Fauna said.

All of yesterday she was hurting herself to keep me in line, but I had a small thought: is Fauna still trying to keep me in line like this? I already submitted to her, so I can't let my act go.

"Fauna, I'm ready to go," I said to her.

She stood there like a statue, her eyes looking colorless. I bit my lip as I wrapped my fingers around her, clasping her hand tightly.

"I'm not going anywhere; I love you," I said to her.

This constant repetition clearly was eating at her; she still didn't respond to my words, despite my wanting her to.

"Let's go..." is all I said.

"Yeah, I'll treat you well," Fauna whispered.

She slowly began to lead me outside and walk me down the long path to the outside world. The forest was very lush and lively today; maybe living in the forest isn't so bad at a time like this.

"Nature is really beautiful," I said to her.

"I agree, so calm and serene," Fauna droned.

She seemed to be in a daze. I didn't know how to snap her out of this. I don't want to see her act like this. She's already letting me go, but she's depressed. This isn't good for me. I want my friend back, to be honest.

I reached out and slowly captured her hand and interlocked our fingers, gently squeezing her hand.

"Mumei, are you sure you want to be with me? I can bring you back to the council room," Fauna said.

I leaned in and softly kissed her cheek. "I'm sure," I said to her.

Fauna looked at me in astonishment, wondering how I could be so nice to her after she hurt me, even though this was originally an act. I can't make myself hate Fauna; she is just too cute to me for me to be angry at her.