Ina: Owl-Fully Romantic Part 2

*Ina pov*

Mumei got up to go for an idol meeting, and as soon as she left the room, all of a sudden, something in my body seemed to activate, and I got up. I walked around and set up the table in a certain way: a nice tablecloth, nicely lit candles, wine glasses, and nearly placed silverware and napkins. It seemed romantic.

Mumei came back in and looked around, confused by the intrinsic set-up of the table. "What is this?" She asked me

"It's just a table." I shyly said, turning my head away from her slightly so she couldn't see my face.

"It seems romantic," She said with a short pause.

"No!" I abruptly shouted

"Okay?" She said it in confusion.

"Do you not like the setup?" I asked her

"It's nice, but we're eating rice right now, so why so nice if not for the romantic setting?" She asked me

I genuinely had no thoughts in my head; my emotions were messing with my head. I can't even think of any puns to say to her. "You are owl-fully nosy," I said to her.

Ina, are you in love with me?" Mumei asked for the third time.

No, I'm not!" I said I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't in love with her.

Okay, I'm not sure if I fully trust you, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt right now," she stated.

"Let's just eat!" I said

The two of us began to eat in silence, and the air filled with awkwardness. I kept looking over at her but kept looking away, not wanting her to notice my staring.

So, Ina, what have you been doing recently?" Mumei asked

"N-Nothing really!" I said it with fluster.

"Oh..." Mumei responded.

We both fell silent again, and I sighed. I didn't want this to be like this. I want to be able to talk to her.

"Would you be mad if I was in love with you?" I asked

No, but I would probably have to leave, so are you in love with me?" She asked

Theoretically, if I were in love with you!" I reminded her

She rolled her eyes and looked into my eyes. "You love me, don't you, Ina?" She asked me, and I shook my head.

Ina, don't lie to me!" Mumei pleaded Her tone made my heart ache all of a sudden. I don't want her to sound sad.

"I'm not in love with you!" I told her one final time before continuing to eat.

"So... Ina, what can you do with your tentacles? I'm asking for a friend," Mumei stated.

"You," I confidently said. The two of our faces grew bright red. "Why did I say that!?" I cried out in horror. I stood up and ran away from the table.

"Wait Ina!" Mumei said loudly:

I closed the door behind me so Mumei couldn't get into the room and sat in front of the door. "Why did I say that?" I asked myself while breathing heavily.

Something is wrong with my head. I'd never say something like that, right? I zoned out, ignoring the loud bangs Mumei was creating as she pleaded for me to open the door for her, but I was too caught up in my own head.

This curse may be stronger than I anticipated. The problem is not Mumei but the thoughts that echo in my head. I keep hearing voices tell me how cute she is, but my own thoughts are against me, not that Mumei isn't cute.