Zeta: Perfect Date

*Mumei pov*

I got out of the shower and then got ready for the date. "Do I look good?" I asked Reine and Anya

"Mumei, you don't have to worry about your appearance," Anya told me.

I glared at her. "What do you mean I think my appearance is important? What if she thinks I look bad today?" I asked

"Mumei, you are gorgeous, and you look perfect," Reine stated.

I retorted, "What if I bore her?" I asked

"Mumei, you won't..." Anya sighed

"What if she doesn't like what I have planned for the date?"

Reine leaned down and looked into my eyes. "Stop overthinking," she whispered.

"Go to the rendezvous spot and wait for Zeta; maybe she is waiting for you; it doesn't matter; you don't want to be late, right?" Anya asked

"No!" I confidently said

"Then get out there and have fun on your date; this is what you wanted after all!" Reine said

I nodded and ran out, making it to the rendezvous spot. I didn't know what time it was when I arrived, but soon enough, Zeta stepped forward.

"H-Hello Mumei-senpai!" Zeta said loudly. I noticed her stutter, and her face had a little tint to it, but I didn't pay it any mind.

"Hello Zeta..." I looked away, trying to hide my blush from the cat-like girl.

"So... what do you have planned, Mumei-senpai?" Zeta asked

I was so entranced by her voice that I almost missed what she had said, but I caught it. "We should get lunch first," I told her.

"Lunch—yes, I want to eat lunch with you!" She said it was almost as if I snapped her out of her own trance-like state.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked

"Anywhere is fine, Mumei-senpai!" She blurted out. I felt a little odd as she did that; she seemed like she was rushing this conversation.

"Thinking about it, maybe we can go to a cafe and just have a light snack, then after we do other stuff we can go to a restaurant and have dinner," I suggested.

"Anything is fine, Mumei-senpai!" Zeta said

"Okay, then let's have a light lunch," I told her confidently.

We began to walk, and I stared at Zeta intently. "You have nice thighs," I stated.

"Mumei-senpai I—" Zeta paused; her face turned bright red, and she closed her eyes. I saw her take a deep breath.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so bold. I can't tell if she liked that or is blushing out of embarrassment. I really can't tell.

"Your legs are also nice..." She nervously said I looked at her and felt my face burn up.

"Thank you, Zeta!" I squealed

Zeta lifted her arm and grabbed her chest near her heart. "Mumei-senpai, we should pick up the pace; we have a lot to do on our date and not much time in the day!" She said it frantically.

"Are you rushing the date?" I asked

"Mumei-senpai, I wouldn't dare rush a date with you; I want to spend as much time with you as possible!" Zeta wailed

"Zeta, can we hold hands?" I asked

"Can we—Can we—Can we—Hold hands?" She sounded like a broken record. After repeating two words, she finally finished the sentence. I saw her visibly gulp, and she looked down at my hand.