Chapter 1

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 1 - MADMAX

"Rudy, do you copy?" Dustin Henderson asks through the Supercom.

Rudy Harrington stuffs his quarters into his pockets before grabbing his Supercom from the top shelf of his closet.

"Yeah, I copy." Rudy says, shutting the closet door with his foot.

"Lucas and I have six bucks total, Mike's N/A at the moment...what's your haul?" Dustin asks.

"Add twenty five to that." Rudy says.

"Holy shit." Dustin says to himself before asking "You have twenty five bucks?".

"Yeah." Rudy says, smirking.

"Holy shit, I forgot that you're rich." Dustin says and Rudy chuckles.

"I'll see you guys soon." Rudy says before setting down his antenna.

"You ready?" Steve Harrington asks when Rudy trots down the stairs.

"Yeah, let's go." Rudy says and Steve follows him out the house.

****

At the arcade, Rudy, along with Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, and Will Byers, yells at Dustin as he takes his turn playing Dragon's Lair.

He ends up dying and yells, frustrated as he slams his hands on the machine.

"No! No! No! I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch! Piece of shit!" Dustin yells, still hitting the machine.

"You're just not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day. But until then, Princess Daphne is still mine!" Lucas says.

"Whatever. I'm still top on Centipede and Dig Dug." Dustin says.

"You sure about that?" Keith asks, approaching the young boys.

"Sure about what?" Dustin asks.

Keith just shrugs and pops a Cheeto Puff into his mouth.

Worry washes over Dustin's face and he runs off with his friends following him.

When they approach the Dig Dug machine, they see that Dustin is in second place and the person who's in first, MADMAX, has 751,300 points.

"751,300 points?!" Will asks, shocked.

"That's impossible." Mike says.

"That's slightly impressive." Rudy says, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Who's MADMAX?" Dustin asks, he and everyone else turning to Keith.

"Better than you." Keith says and Dustin flips him off.

"Is it you?" Will asks.