Chapter 26

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 26 - Papa

The group is now in Eddie's room, looking for a song to use to wake Nancy up.

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica yells, running into the room.

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin yells.

"We're trying. We can't find anything." Max says.

"Seriously. What is all this shit?" Robin asks.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie asks.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beetles? Music! We need music!" Robin says.

"This is music!" Eddie yells, holding one of the tapes up.

"I agree." Gemma says and Eddie smiles at her.

"Guys!" Erica yells, running back into the room.

Everyone looks at her and she gestures them to follow her before running off again.

When they reach the living room, they look up into the gate and see Steve holding a now awake Nancy.

Tears of relief stream down Gemma's face.

****

Inside the guard's room, Rudy's pacing around, Murray's talking to one of the guards, Dmitri's talking to a scientist, and Hopper and Joyce are having a moment.

"Uh, I hate to interrupt, but apparently, they can climb too." Murray says.

The camera shows the upper half of the Demogorgon crawling out of the battle pit and the guards shooting at it.

"They're idiots if they think their guns are gonna kill it. That mother fucker survived being cut in half." Rudy says.

Just then, there's another growl coming from the room upstairs and the group turns to it, wide eyed.

"The hell is that?" Dmitri asks.

"Please tell me they don't have another one of those things." Murray says.

He starts to take a step forward but Hopper takes his gun from him and heads towards the stairs.

"You can't go in there! It's dangerous! It's dangerous!" The scientist calls after him in Russian.

"Shut up." Rudy says in Russian before going after Hopper.

The rest of the group follows them and when they enter the room, they see a smaller Demogorgon strapped to a gurney.

Hopper goes over to it before shooting the gun, killing it.

He wipes the blood off his face when he sees another room.

Rudy, Joyce, and Murray follows him and are horrified to see more Demogorgons being preserved in glass tanks.

"Oh my God." Joyce says.