Chapter 4

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 4 - Will the Wise

Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Max, and Gemma quickly run out the restroom and they all split apart to find Will.

"Will!" Dustin calls out as he, Max, and Gemma walk down one of the halls.

"Dustin!" Joyce says, walking up to the trio.

"Mrs. Byers?" Dustin asks.

"What's going on? Where's Will?" Joyce asks.

"We don't know. We're looking for him." Gemma says.

Just then, Lucas bursts through the side doors and the quartet looks at him.

"The field!" Lucas says before running back out the school and the quartet follows him.

They head to the field and see Mike and Rudy standing on each side of Will, trying to wake him up.

"We just found him like this! I think he's having another episode." Mike says as he and Rudy step back.

"Episode?" Gemma asks, looking at Rudy.

Rudy glances at her before looking back at Will, worried and running his fingers through his hair.

"Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom! Will!" Joyce calls out.

Joyce continues to call out to Will and after several moments, Will finally gasps awake.

****

A few moments later, Joyce and Will exit the school and head to the car and the rest of the preteens watch them by the steps.

"Ok, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max asks.

"I'm freaked out but I'm also glad he's ok." Gemma says.

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas says.

"It's getting worse." Mike says.

"Fuck." Rudy says, running his fingers through his hair.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asks.

"What's True Sight?" Max and Gemma simultaneously asks.

Lucas and Rudy start to tell them but Mike shakes his head.

"It's nothing." Lucas says.

"It's not nothing but..." Rudy starts to say.

"Rudy!" Mike warns.

"...it's a long story. Don't worry about it." Rudy says to the girls before turning to Mike and glaring at him.

Joyce and Will drive off and the preteens watch them, concerned.

****