Chapter 27

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 27 - The Piggyback

Outside the church, Murray, Dmitri, and Rudy are having a conversation while Yuri's sabotaging Katinka.

"Good news, my friends. Katinka feeling better. Shall we give her another try?" Yuri calls out.

"Why not?" Murray asks before he and Rudy simultaneously calls him an asshole.

Yuri climbs into Katinka and when he starts it up, the engine sputters.

Murray, Dmitri, and Rudy share a look before running over to him.

"Yuri! That's enough. That's enough! Hey! The hell you think you're doing?" Murray asks, smacking his hand off the control.

"Get your hands off me, potato head." Yuri says.

Rudy couldn't help but snort at that and Murray turns to him.

Rudy wipes his smile away and Murray turns back to Yuri.

"You're trying to break her, aren't ya? Get us captured again so you can get your reward? That it?" Murray asks.

"What do you three lizard brains know? You're engineers now?" Yuri asks.

"I know that sound is not good." Dmitri says.

"On contrary, those noises you hear, that..." Yuri trails off.

He imitates the engine sputtering noise before continuing.

"It's a very good sign." Yuri says.

"Good sign, huh?" Murray asks.

"Yeah. My women make noise when I please them. You don't know what that is like. I understand. But for those like me who knows what and where to touch, much noise." Yuri says.

He presses the control button, imitating the engine sputtering noise again and Murray, Dmitri, and Rudy roll their eyes.

****

Gemma's walking around the Creel house with her lantern on and Fade to Black playing in her ears.

After awhile, Erica goes up to Lucas and shows him a paper that says 'Found Vecna.'

The group meets in the living room and sees Erica's lantern flashing like crazy.

As the stepsisters walk closer, Max's lantern starts to flash.

The light moves to Gemma's lantern and flashes few times before going back to Max's.

Erica takes the cap off her pen and starts writing on her notepad.

'Phase one?' Erica shows to Lucas.

Lucas nods and Erica runs out the house.

****