Chapter 22

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 22 - Dear Billy

Max finally snaps out of it and looks around, terrified.

After she calmed down, she leads everyone out the office and down the hallway.

As the quartet turns the corner, Nancy and Robin run up to them.

"It was here. Right here." Max says as she and the others shine their flashlights on the wall.

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asks.

"It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just...I woke up." Max says.

"It was like she was in a trance or something. And Gemma was in one too back at Ms. Kelley's. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin says.

"That's not even the bad part." Max says, turning around and Gemma shakes her head, sadly.

The stepsisters lead the others back to Ms. Kelley's office and sit next to each other at the desk again.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they were both having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then...then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. And these visions, they just...they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually...everything ended." Max says.

"Vecna's curse." Robin says, looking up from the files.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max says.

"And I have too." Gemma says, sniffling.

"I don't know how long Gem and I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than twenty four hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock." Max says.

"And I saw it a couple hours ago." Gemma says.

"Looks like we're gonna die tomorrow." Max says.

"On my birthday." Gemma says.

Just then, a door opens and everyone turns towards the direction of it.

"Stay here." Steve says.

He unplugs the lamp before heading out the office.

The others head out the office as well and follow him down the hall.

They all hear another sound and stop in their tracks.

They hear footsteps and Steve raises the lamp.

Lucas turns the corner and when Steve was about to hit him, he screams, making everyone scream as well.

"It's me!" Lucas says.

"Lucas?" Nancy asks.