Chapter 5

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 5 - Dig Dug

The next afternoon, Billy and Gemma takes Max to the arcade.

"If you're not out in an hour..." Billy starts to say as Max climbs out the passenger seat.

"Walking home. Yeah, yeah, I know." Max says, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! Watch the attitude, shitbird." Billy says before pulling his seat up and opening the door so Gemma can get out the back.

Gemma shuts the driver's door before going over to the passenger's side.

"Bye Max." Gemma as she climbs inside.

"Bye." Max says, dryly, glaring at Billy.

After Gemma buckles her seatbelt and shuts the door, her and Billy drive off.

****

Rudy paces back and forth in his room, going over how he's gonna tell Gemma everything that happened last year.

He eventually stops pacing and sighs as he bites a couple nails off, nervously.

"Ok." Rudy says, spitting them out and heading out his room.

After he locks the front door, he stuffs his key into his leather jacket pocket before walking off, running his fingers through his hair, nervously.

Minutes later, he finally arrives to the Hargrove-Mayfield house and rings the doorbell.

A few moments later, Billy opens the door and Rudy takes a step back.

"I'm here to see Gem." Rudy says, getting straight to the point.

"The hell you want with my sister?" Billy asks, blowing out cigarette smoke in his face.

"To talk." Rudy says, furrowing his eyebrows and fanning the smoke away.

"To talk?" Billy asks, choking out a laugh.

"Did I stutter?" Rudy asks, crossing his arms.

"You got balls talking to me like that." Billy says.

"Is she here?" Rudy asks, growing annoyed.

Billy chuckles and nods before taking another puff from his cigarette and blowing it out.

"Gemmy!" Billy yells over his shoulder.

"Billy, I'm reading!" Gemma yells from her room and Rudy smirks.

"Someone's here to see you!" Billy yells.

"Who?" Gemma yells.

"I don't know." Billy yells.

"Rudy." Rudy says.