Chapter 20

Gemma, My Gem

Chapter 20 - Vecna's Curse

Flashback

Hopper and Rudy are trapped by the laser beam that's slowly reopening the gate.

They both smile, sadly and nod at Joyce, telling her it's ok for her to close it.

"Tell Steve that I'm sorry and tell Gemma that I love her more than anything." Rudy calls out as tears stream down his face.

Tears stream down Joyce's face and she nods before turning both keys.

As the laser gun explodes, Hopper and Rudy look over their shoulders before running off.

They continue running until they reach the end of the railing.

They both scream as they jump over it, just missing the explosion.

Moments later, Hopper and Rudy gasp as they regain consciousness and share a relieved look.

Present day

The next morning, Gemma's in the bathroom, vomiting in the toilet, when she hears her alarm clock going off.

Gemma groans and rubs her stomach as she flushes the toilet and gets up.

After washing her hands, Gemma continues to rub her stomach as she heads out the bathroom and enters her room.

She shuts off her alarm clock and heads back out her room.

She heads to the kitchen and grabs a bottle of Tylenol from the cabinet.

She takes a couple pills out and swallows them dry.

She's about to put it back into the cabinet when she hears a door open.

She turns around and sees Max heading in her direction.

She hands her the Tylenol when she feels that wave of nausea again.

Gemma quickly runs to the trash can, opens it, and vomits again.

Just then, she and Max hear police sirens and share a look.

They exit their trailer and see the police approaching Eddie's trailer.

"Looks like that Munson boy's up to no good again. What do I keep telling you, Gemma? You need to stay away from him." Susan says, looking at her.

Right on cue, that wave of nausea hits Gemma again and she quickly heads back into the trailer.

Max walks over to Eddie's trailer when Gemma comes back outside.

After Max looks inside Eddie's trailer, one of the cops goes over to her and tells her to get back inside.

Max looks into the trailer once more before running off.