Prologue

Love, a word we hear almost everyday

What is love?

All round the world there are hundreds of languages, they all have their own version of love.

Hindi - प्रेम
English - Love
Italian - Amore
French - Aimer
German - Liebe
Spanish- Amor
Urdu - محبت (Mohabbat)

This is what dictionary says -

Love
Pronounced as /lʌv/

Definitions:
1. an intense feeling of deep affection.
2. a great interest and pleasure in something.
3. feel deep affection for (someone).

Similar:
Fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment, devotion, adoration.

This is what our movies say Love is, -

"You Jump. I Jump."
-Titanic

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you"
- Dracula

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"
-When Harry Met Sally

"I love you. You are my only reason to stay alive, if that's what I am."
-Twilight (New Moon)

"I would rather have one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it."
-City of Angels

This is what our books says Love is, -

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."

-Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."
-Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
-War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

Everyday we see love, we read love, we listen love, all round us. We are surrounded by Love. Love is every where.

When a child engulf your finger in his palm for the first time, it's love.

When a mother snatches the smart phone from her teenage son so that he finishes dinner first, it's love.

When a father scolds his daughter that why she didn't call him to pick her up after a late night shift, it's love.

When a little girl fights everyone in the bus to save a seat for her best friend who will catch the bus at next stop, it's love.

When a little boy breaks his piggie bank to buy his sister's favorite chocolate, it's love.

When a boy climbs the bricked wall to pick the flower and ran from the gardener so that he can be the first one to give the rose to the girl on valentines day, it's love.

When after fifty years of their marriage he still keeps her photograph in his wallet, it's love.

When at the age of eighty she can still smell him on her scarf, it's love.

Love, an emotion that always bring smiles to our faces, make our eyes glitter. Sometimes a song, a book, a color, a smile, a place, an old memory, anything can be a love.

Love, an emotion that is not bound by boundaries. Geography, Religion, Color, Money, nothing can confine love. Love can break all the boundaries. Love is eternal.

Be it Romeo-Juliet, Heer-Ranjha, Laeila-Majnu, Antony-Cleopatra or Rose and Jack, every love is beautiful, every love is greater in its own sense. Every love induces a desire in our hearts - A longing to be loved.

What could be a greater blessing than to be loved by someone to the moon and back.

We see these love stories, we read these love stories across continents, irrespective of what faith we believe in, what language we speak, every human on this planet somewhere deep inside craved to be loved.

It is said that everyone has a soul mate. Someone to fill the gaps between our fingers by intertwining their hands with ours. We all somewhere are looking for that hand that could fit in ours for life. Someone who will love us. To have a love story, a sweet, crazy, intense, beautiful, great love story. We spend our life waiting for the fairy tale, our fairy tale, our love story.

She wanted it too

But how many of us do actually find this love. How many of us could say that they waited for the one? Or didn't loose that one to time when they found them? Or could actually had the fortune to be loved by someone.

She was.

She was loved by someone.

The sky was full of stars, yet he kept staring at me!

Dream come true, right?

She was living this dream every day, every hour of her life.

But what if when the dream turned out to be a nightmare.

She had seen that nightmare.

What if when the love we read in books, we saw in movies, we longed for, becomes the one thing that we yearn freedom from.

She had yearned that freedom.

What if when your reason to live becomes your reason to crave death.

She had craved that death.

What if when the world's greatest blessing becomes the biggest curse.

She had lived that curse.

She was loved by someone, more than that is humanly possible.

She was Sitara

She was his peace

She was his Jaana (life)

She was the girl he loved too much.