Chapter 25

Standing in the balcony of her room looking outside into the forest, Sitara was lost in her thoughts. Her room back at home was half as big as this one, yet she had the freedom to go to the courtyard. No matter how much she used to feel trapped in his clutches yet there was some freedom. Atleast more than what she has now. As far as her eyes can go, she saw the big dense trees. It was so silent and calm. She was thinking what he said about if she can open a door she can go out. Can she go out in the backyard? Well he did show her the garden, maybe she can. She could try, but she is so scared of him to even try.

She saw a cat around the trees. It was running after a bird, who was teasing it. As the cat approaches it use to fly and then come down and sit again on a rock. When the cat pounced again it flew again. A chortle came to her looking at them but then a weird thing stopped her smiles as she saw the cat fell bawling in pain. It composed itself and jumped towards the house again and it was again pushed back and it cried out in pain and she realized a thin wire around the vicinity of the house. It electrocuted the cat which was trying to enter the backyard. Her eyes widen in realization that there is an electric fence around her. Not that she was looking to run but this is insane.

A knock startled her breaking her musings. She turned but stopped herself before she called the person inside. It's not too many days that her throat was burned for speaking in front of someone else and no ways Shahzain will knock coming into his own room.

"Ma'am" she heard Bahar's voice. Finally he brought her out, she thanked God slightly she is well and he didn't harm her because of her . "Ma'am, Sir has asked for you in his study. Please come" she told and Sitara moved towards the door. She opened it and saw no one. Probably she left. She moved towards his office and knocked. "Come in" She went inside hearing his call. "Aapne bulaya Ji ?" (You have asked for me?) She asked him. He was sitting there beyond his desk looking intently at his laptop. "Uh-huh, just one second" he said and typed something.

He leaned back in his chair "hmmm...I did" and supported his head on his arm looking straight at her and she was standing in the center of the room with her hands intertwined at her torso thinking of all the reasons of her being called here.

"Jaana, my cartel is bugging me that I haven't given them a party of my wedding." He told her. "And Faizan is siding with them so I had to do it. So tonight there will be a party in the house" he told and she nodded. "O-okay" she responded meekly, but he doesn't seems too happy with the response.

"No it's not okay. You know I don't want anyone else to see you. I couldn't let your mother look at you, you think I will be okay having the eyes of the bunch of lustful, drunk scumbags on you" he said. "I-I could wear the veil again" she said trying to figure out a way out of this predicament. Though she don't like wearing it and it was a big relief that here she doesn't have to wear it but she ain't eager either to meet the scumbags. "No, that's not enough. You won't come out of our room" he said and she nodded. Not that she was looking forward for it. "No one has the audacity to enter in my bedroom, not even Faizan. You will be safe there. And anyways if anyone laid eyes on you I will poke their eyes out like I did with those two riff rafs" he said making her shudder as she remembered the mauled bodies of those two convicted thieves and molesters.

"O-okay, I won't come out of the room" she replied. "Neither you nor your voice. Hamari Jaana na unhe dikhai degi na sunai degi. Understood?" (Neither will they see Jaana, nor will they hear her) "Ji " (Yes) she responded nodding "Good, jao" (leave) he said and she nodded and turned to leave.

"Sitara" he called her before she could step out "Ji " "Rihan will also be here tonight" and she was taken aback from his words. her hand gripped the door knob tightly behind her back.