Chapter 10

"Tara! Tara, listen what happened?" Nargis tried to reach her, seeing her all chaotic. She locked herself inside the room. Seeing her distorted condition had them worried.

"What happened she went so happily to the university today?" Rihan said looking at her worn-out condition. She was shivering when she entered the house. She closed the door behind her too quickly latching all the locks as if fastening the little locks can save her from animosity written in her destiny. "Tara?" she ignored Rihan and ran inside her room. "I will go check," Nargis said moving towards her.

"Sitara? Tara open the door. What happened sweetheart?" Nargis banged the door.

"Tara, bacchi kya hua hai, baat kar humse" (child, what happened. Talk to us) Rihan called her from outside with Nargis.

"Nargis, Bhai, please leave me alone" she said from inside as she slid along the door. She was too shocked to even cry. She couldn't in her lifetime could have imagined that today was going to end like this. The day that started so nice, she was blushing at his smile and she still couldn't process how that same lovable smile can turn into such wicked grimace.

Sitting on the floor she fisted her bed sheet and let her heart sink in with the dreadful scene unfolded in front of her eyes. She was not able to blink, the shiver in her body was increasing as she tried hard to escape from the terror.

"Appi!" the cheerful voice of their little sister startled them. "Nar-Nargis,-" Sitara got unsettled listening to Ruku's voice. "Relax, I will check on her," Nargis said. She turned towards her "What's up princess? What do you want?" She asked Ruksaar lifting her chin. "I want to talk to Appi," she said trying to pass her. "um-wait princess, your Appi is -" "What is it Ruku?" Sitara came out, composed, closing the door behind her. "Appi " she held her hand cheerfully and dragged her from there. "Come, come I want to show you something"

Dragging her to her room, Ruksaar jumped on her bed with her doll and some paper.

"Look my report card, I came first in my class," she said happily. "Really!" She took her report card and she did get good marks "Very good Ruku" Sitara said kissing her forehead. She is the only one apart from him who is allowed to touch her that too because she is a child and Sitara never leaves a chance to hug her. She is the only source that keeps her mind sane. "So where is my gift?" She said holding out her hand. "Um- tell what my princess wants?" She said pinching her cheeks. For a minute, Sitara tried to found an escape from reality with her little sister. A place where it is not haunted by him, how can a man so inhuman can claim that he is slave to the only emotion, love, that actually is the root of all humanity. How can love, that is supposed to embark kindness can make someone so inhumane.

"Ummm......Yeah, cook your special mutton biryani for me." An excited voice broke her musings and she brought her attention back to her little sister. "You just don't cook anymore. You cook the best biryani Appi" she said and her smile dropped. She doesn't cook anymore, because he doesn't allow her to. He says she might hurt herself and it's only him who can hurt Sitara.

"Hey, what is this?" Sitara took her doll, she was dressed in a little frock just like the one she is wearing. "How are your clothes exactly the same?" She asked confused plus she thought it would distract her from her biryani. "Shahzain bhaijaan send these. For me and for choti. See same to same" She said showing her frock excitedly. "Its pretty, right?" she asked sitting with a jump "Yes, its very pretty." "When will he come, I haven't said thank you to him, he has sent so many toys and dresses for me and for her too" she said "I don't know kiddo" she told cupping her cheek, wishing that he never comes. "Appi, will you go away with him?" she asked with sadness.