Chapter 28

The sun came as if it had missed the sky and wanted nothing more than to warm up those blues to a radiant gold. The sky engulfed in the rays of sun like a maiden bathe in the waterfall. The dawn chorus of melodic birdsong drifted in.

Sitara laid there on her bed, sleep refuse to come to her after what she witnessed. All she could see in the rosy hue across the morning sky was red.

She slid her hand from the hold of the man who is sleeping peacefully after killing an innocent being with his own hands. How? How Shahzain, how do you not feel the remorse? Her soul questioned him.

Slowly she got up from the bed without making a sound. She wrapped her black satin robe around herself. He changed her clothes last night when he brought her upstairs. She remembered how Shahzain took her back to their room after sitting there with her for a while.

A strong musky, woody cologne hit her senses. How? In the basement? She tried to figure out that how in the middle of swamp and darkness is she inhaling the fragrance that she is grown so familiar with. She didn't know how long she stayed in that basement and she didn't want to know either. She kept on sleeping oblivious to her surroundings wrapping herself in the cocoon of his fragrance.

She felt him changing her into the black satin night gown but she kept on pretending to sleep for one she was not ready to face the man who is crazy enough to kill a little animal and second she was really tired of the emotions that flooded her.

She opened the door silently still not wanting to face Shahzain. She don't want to see that love which has made him do something like this.

Standing in the garden her heart was aching over the little bundle of fur.The blood of an innocent soul that laid dead here, at this very spot, a few hours back.

The punishment of being kept in darkness because she spoke with affection to another soul, though was something she can not digest but still what hurts her soul the most was being the reason of the death of someone so innocent and pure. He was a bunny, what wrong he would have done if he had won a minute of her attention.

She sat on the grass and trailed her fingers on the spot. Her fingers got wet touching the grass. It was difficult to say that they are wet because of the pearls of dew settled on the grass or her tears those were falling continuously thinking of the poor bunny. She cried for him and she cried for herself, because she might not have pulled the trigger but she was the cause of it. Only if she didn't venture in the gardens.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE!"

A loud voice shivered her. She got up hearing Shahzain bellow inside the house. His voice was loud and angry that echoed making her scared and anxious at the same time.

The chaos drove her towards the living room and she witnessed something she never saw before.

A worried Shahzain.

She has seen him angry, she has seen him happy, even sad and disturbed but she had never seen him worried.

But he was worried. When he opened his eyes and he couldn't see his Jaana sleeping beside him it was like someone pulled the rug beneath his feet. He called for her and the eerily silence of the house made his heart sank. What if she left me? The thought scared him to the core.

He looked around the house crazily, he even checked the basement thinking she might have gone there. Maybe he went too far last night. Maybe he shouldn't have locked her there in the dark. No! No she can't leave me. He searched the house calling her name but she wasn't responding.

He lashed out on his guards who were standing with hands bound in the front trying to explain him that no one has left the house. How can she when the lock of the house opens with his retina. But he was too perturbed to understand the fact.