Chapter 22

Sitara huddled on the floor shivering hugging her knees, not because of cold but fear. Sheer fear. How can anyone be so atrocious? He killed in cold blood and for no reason. She shook furiously when she saw the door opening.

He entered and she stumbled backwards. She wanted the be swallowed by the floor rather than being seen by him. For a moment all she could see on his face was blood, like the moment he entered their nikah. She gulped as he reached near her.

He sat in front of her and she flinched as his hand reached her. He took a teardrop on his finger and was looking at it intently "J-Ji kyu" (why?) She asked him and his attention wavered from the teardrop to her teary eyes. "W-why yo-you killed h-him?" She asked again scared.

"He hurt you Jaana. Because of his carelessness my Jaana had to suffer her allergies" he said cupping her cheek. "W-what?" She asked dumbfounded. He killed him because of my hiccups. That could be a mistake. A genuine mistake. How would he know that I am allergic to black pepper when he doesn't know that I even exist. She was contemplating to what she heard.

"Yes Jaana, see your eyes...hmmm....they have tears, tears that are not given by me" he said and fisted her hair making her yelp.

He pulled her up and her back banged on the wall. She flinched at the pain erupted in her back. He caged her between him and the wall, his one hand was still holding her hair in his tight grip.

"YOUR ARE MINE." he said with so much power, making each word loud and clear. "Why don't you understand?" He said and banged his fist on the wall making her cower. He grabbed her jaw harshly "Your eyes..your eyes will only shed the tears I give you. Your tears and your laughs are mine. How can you cry for him? How fucking dare you?" He said with gritted teeth making Sitara scared to the core. So much that she quickly wiped her tears. His expression softened a bit on her action.

"I killed him because he gave you pain, not even a second of your suffering belong to anyone else. You are just mine. Only I will give you pain and only I will give you pleasure" he said leaning into her and he kissed and sucked on her tear strained face. "You are my life Sitara, hamari Sitara hamari Jaana hai sirf hamari. Tum par sirf hamara haq hai Jaana" (My Sitara is my life. My life. Only I have rights on her. She is mine. Just mine) he was mumbling continuously in between his kisses. It looks like a crazy person is talking. What kind of a maniac is he? The shocked Sitara was dreaded to even breathe at the moment.

A knock broke her amazed thoughts. "Stay here" he said leaving her hair and stepping back and she nodded. She didn't know if she has the courage to breathe talk about moving. He opened the door and closed in a second.

She saw him holding a tray with a coffee mug. Wow he finds this situation comforting enough to drink coffee, she wonder.

He kept the coffee on the coffee table and to her surprise he went to his mini bar fridge and picked up a glass from the top and poured cold water in it but didn't fill it full. He picked out an ice bucket from the freezer. He kept the glass next to the coffee mug and added four-five cubes of ice.

He picked the coffee mug and sat on the floor with criss cross legs and turned towards her. She was standing just like he left her. He patted the floor next to him and Sitara walked towards him. She sat next to him where he signaled.

He lifted her chin "Tumhari awaaz pe kiska haq hai Jaana" (who has right to hear your voice Jaana) he asked softly looking directly at her with his soul piercing eyes. "Aa-aapka J-Ji" (Yours) she stuttered to him.

"hmmm...." He said softly caressing her head. She couldn't figure out if he is trying to relax her or scare her.

He wrapped her ponytail in his hand and pulled hard. She screamed and her neck tilted "Then care to explain how the fuck did that mother fucking weasel and Bahar heard your voice??" He said and her eyes widen.