Chapter 52

Ten years ago

"I love you, Shahzain," Sitara said in his arms. Content that she was finally home.

Her peaceful moment was stolen by a yelp that escaped her lips when he fisted her hair in his tight grip. She looked at him, and the contentment in her eyes was replaced by fear in an instant, looking at his eyes that were screaming anger.

"Shahzain?" It came as a whisper, and before she could have said anything, he dragged her down the stairs holding her hair in his strong grip.

"Ji ye kya kar rahein, chodiye mujhe. Shahzain hua kya hai?" (What are you doing? Leave me. Shahzain, what happened?) She begged while he dragged her to the living room.

"Ahh," she screamed, falling on the floor as he left her. "Why?" She asked with tearful eyes looking at him.

He hauled her up, holding her elbow. "Where were you?" He asked with gritted teeth. It was not the first time that she saw him angry, but she had never felt this rage from him. She was looking at his burning eyes. It was like his rage had taken away her courage to speak. "I asked where the fuck were you?" He blasted at her and she flinched. "I-I was-I was with Rihan Bhai" she admitted the truth. No matter how many stories she concocted while walking towards the house to ensure Rihan doesn't end up dead, she could bring herself to say even one. She was too scared to lie right now.

Hearing her he let out a laugh. "Ofcourse you were" he laughed and she was staring at him not understanding anything. "Sha-" "let me tell you, Rihan wanted to free you from the monster I am, from this forced marriage so he took you away to a safe place. Right? Am I right?" He said holding her from her arms. She was shocked to see how he knew everything. This was exactly what happened. Does he already know?

"Fucking say it, am I right? Huh?" He yelled and she shivered nodding her head in a yes. "How stupid do you think I am?" he said in a voice that scares her to the core. "I-I don't. I-I am tel-telling the truth. I was with Ri-" "Shutup!" his voice echoed along with his bullet. She instinctively covered her ears. Her eyes widen and she looked at him, firing the gun at the roof. "Shahzain?" She whispered in disbelief. Did he just shoot the gun? Her mind was not ready to register that the man who stopped the firing bullets in the celebration of their wedding has did it himself.

"I will tell you where you were." he said shifting backwards. She held her arm with another as she felt the bruise rising. "Ouch" she raised her hand to save herself from being poked by the pointed thing, which she just realized were numerous polaroids he threw at her face. She looked around at the floor where the photographs fell.

She was beyond shocked to see them. She sat down on the floor and picked them, where she was sleeping in the arms of a bare chested Faizan. Then the other, where Faizan was kissing her forehead. Then the other where he was taking off her dupatta and she hid herself in the crook of his neck with her arms around him.

"Shah-Shahzain-thi-" before she could even form a word he pointed his gun at her. "humne kaha tha Jaana hamara dil mat todna. Kaha tha na humne" (I told you Jaana, to not break my heart. I told you right) he said moving closer to her. "This is not the truth Shahzain please. I don't know, I don't know how this happened? This is wrong. I am telling you the truth please trust me. You can ask Rihan Bhai if you don't believe me" He lifted her hand and she felt a paper in it. She looked at it and unfolded it. It was a note that said "Shahzain bahot guroor tha na apni mohabbat par, dekh teri mohabbat meri bahon tere guroor ko bech rahi hai." (You were so proud of your love, right? Now see, how your love is selling you proud in my arms) she could feel the smug in the words she was reading. "Now before you come to any conclusion that this is photoshop or something let me send you a video also" she read and looked at Shahzain who then lifted his phone and played the video clip. Where she could see Faizan carrying her in her arms and laying her down in the bed with her arms around her neck. "Shahzain this is all a lie" "Read" he interrupted her explanation. She continued reading "Well now you believe me, that this is not some photoshop trick. Don't worry no matter how much she wanted to stay I sent her back to you. I mean you know I don't believe in commitment, she came to me and I thought why not have some fun afterall, there must be something that had my best friend go all crazy head over heels. And trust me, I enjoyed every bit of her. Now she will come to you and tell you she was with her brother who took the innocent girl to save her from the trap of the monster she fell because of him. To save her from the marriage he forced on his sister. Nice pretense right? I only told her to tell you that, but she didn't know that I will tell you all this before hand, well I had to do this, after all you tried to poke my eyes out ye tofa to dena banta tha, and give her my love afterall she saved me that night in your basement." the letter fell from her hands and she fell on the floor.