Chapter 6

"J-Ji Sa-Salaam" Sitara greeted him but as opposed to her shaky voice his raging voice came from the other end "Where the fuck are you?" The phone almost fell from her trembling hand at his yelling. "Gha-ghar par hi hun Ji" (I am at home only) "Then why the fuck your brother and Faizan can't see you?" He said still angry "Wo-Ji-wo-I-I am on ter-terrace, maybe that's why" she replied to him and he let out a sigh. "Fucking idiots", he cursed them.

"Alright, go downstairs" he said and his voice normalizes making her heartbeat normalize. But she didn't want to go downstairs. She felt suffocated there specially after the fight she had with her brother. "Ji wo-wo I-I-C-can I-" "Kuch kehna chahti ho Jaana?" (Do you want to say something Jaana) he asked and she quivered more. Every time he calls her Jaana a new fear settles in the pit of her stomach "No I-I will go downstairs" she said "Khuda hafiz" she added and he just hummed in response and phone got disconnected.

She got up from the floor and reach downstairs. "Bhabhijaan you are fine, right? Where were you?" Faizan asked her as he saw her enter the veranda "On the terrace Faizan Bhai" she told him. "Oh, okay. Come" he said moving aside and she entered. She went inside her room directly without facing anyone. She took a bath and got dressed for the day.

Standing in front of the mirror brushing her hair, she got lost, looking at her reflection. Why she didn't ask him today to let her stay at the terrace? Maybe if she had asked, he would have said yes. He would have allowed her to stay there for five minutes. She scoffed at the fact that she didn't even own five minutes of her own life. She had to take his permission even to be alone on the terrace of her house for five minutes. How pathetic is she? Or has she become?

Her eyes went to the desk calendar on her dressing table, and she realized that her term final examination would be starting from the coming week. She hardly had prepared anything. She was always a meritorious student, and that's why her university has allowed her the option of homeschooling. Since her engagement, Rihan has been bringing her notes to study from home since Shahzain didn't want anyone else looking at his girl. Hence, Rihan thought it was safer for her to study from home. But she has to go to take the tests, else how will she pass the term. Her whole year would be wasted.

She started taking out her books and stuff, opening her laptop she went through the date sheet and sorted her time to give each subject accordingly. She is the best designer in her term. Sitara has topped the university entrance, and her designs even got selected in the inter-state fashion competition. For the first time, a university student got the opportunity to present it in inter-state competition and won it too. She reminisced the day she brought the trophy home, brushing her fingers on her portfolio.

She opened her notes and started studying for her first paper,'Introduction to Pattern Making & Draping'. Since she was studying from home, she had to put in extra effort referring to online help whenever she got stuck in understanding any of her notes or books.

"Tara, where are you going?" Rihan asked as she came down dressed up to go to her college for her first paper. "College Bhai" Her words caught everyone's attention. She looked at the surprised eyes quizzically. "What happened? Why are you looking at me like this?" she asked Nargis and Rihan. "Bacchi, you can't." Rihan said sympathetically to her. "But why? My final exams are getting started from today. I have to go. You were bringing my study material till now so that I don't lack behind the term but I have to be there to give exams." She said, not understanding the shock. This was supposed to happen. This is what he told her. He exchanged looks with Nargis, trying to find words, how to explain to his little sister that what she is demanding is right, yet he can not give her.

"Bhai, tell me. You brought the notes and stuff to me so that I can carry on with the term, right?" She asked, getting apprehensive. "Yes bacchi, but -" "But what? You know you are already making me late, now drop me to college before I miss my first exam." she said, turning towards the main door. "Bhabhijaan, you are going anywhere?" Faizan entered the house, making Rihan more tensed. He was relaxed a bit thinking that Faizan was outside washing his car and he had time to explain Sitara, but before he could, Faizan entered, and he cursed his luck.