Chapter 3

Sitara came back to her room after that awful dinner. Nargis cooks world's best Rogan Josh yet lately she just can't taste anything. Everything is so bland. It felt like she lost her appetite for good.

"How long do you think this Faizan will be here?" She heard Nargis asking through the door. "I don't know, I guess till the wedding only, why will he go early. It's just a month" Rihan told her and Sitara clutched her chest as the realization sink in that's its just one month.

"Allah what's this new hell now" Nargis said and she heard a door shut. Guess they are taking out the bedding for him from the closet in the hallway. "Why can't Tara just come on time?" Her brother said annoyed at her. "Rihan let it be, anyways it's not like he says anything." Nargis said stating the fact that Faizan hardly talk or interfere. "Only if she could have stayed inside that night, he wouldn't be in our life" he said blaming Sitara again but what was she supposed to do. How could she had stayed inside seeing someone pointing a gun at her brother.

"Rihan! Don't say that, I told you thousands of time. You don't know what she is going through..." Sitara moved inside to her bedroom from the door avoiding listening their talks further.

She changed into her night suit and laid keeping the stole next to her pillow. She didn't keep the wedding dress or the jewelry inside. She just shifted it to the other side of the bed. Even she didn't know the reason. Maybe because she didn't want to accept that it holds any importance in her life or maybe she wants to have the reminder of her fate in front of her eyes.

She laid down and as she closed her eyes, she jackknifed on the bed. The moment she closed her eyes his eyes came in front of her. The eyes that fell on her the first night she met him. She drank water from the side table and laid down back clutching the comforter closer to her chest. She dreaded to shut her eyes. Her eyes were stuck on the dress kept beside her and her mind drifted to that night once again.

Replaying everything that happened after he left.

Eleven months ago

"Tara! Get up sweetheart" she felt someone shaking her up and her eyes flutter open slightly. "Here" Nargis held her up and helped her drinking water.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU COME OUT???" Rihan held her up by her shoulders and bellowed in anger. "I asked you to stay inside, but you had to come out" he yelled at her.

"Leave her Rihan" Nargis freed her from his hold and she fell on the couch she was lying a moment ago.

"Who was that man, Rihan? Why was he here?" Their mother asked furiously to her son. "Rihan I am asking you something! What money was he taking about? Who was he?"

"Shahzain Khan" he told.

"Who is he?"

"Khan Saheb" he said and Zahra sat on the couch with a thud.

"Th-the Mafia D-Don?" She asked and Sitara's eyes widen.

They have only heard this name in the news Khan Saheb, being the owner of the biggest Mafia cartel in the country. His name is heard in everything. Murders, extortion, smuggling of liquor, drugs, gold, arms, strip clubs everything that is illegal he is associated with it.

He is admired too by some people and it is said he has blind followers. Sitara never understood how can people follow someone who is as ruthless as him. But they do. Maybe because he is the youngest Don. No one became the Don of a cartel at such a young age. They only heard his name, no one has ever seen him. Never on any news channel did his face came. They never knew that he lived in the country itself. Everyone always thought that he might be in Europe or America or Middle East but not here.