Chapter 32

Tracing her slender fingers in his dark hair, a smile came to Sitara looking at how peacefully he was sleeping in her lap.

How can you trust me so much Shahzain...she thought to herself. For someone who has suffered betrayal from none other than his mother can ever trust anyone. She could never imagine a peaceful sleep after going through what he went through. She still feels that whatever happened to him is unfair, but it doesn't justify him becoming a gangster. How can someone who himself has experienced such trauma send others in the black hole.

Grazing her fingers in his hair, soon sleep caught her. The rays of the sun flutter opened his eyes. He got up abruptly, not seeing his Jaana's painting in front of his eyes. Seeing himself on the floor admist the wooden furniture and tall shelves, brought last night back to him, and he remembered that they slept here after he told her about his past.

"Good morning," a soft voice caught his attention, and he turned towards her. Seeing his girl sitting there with a smiling face was like a dream come true. For a moment, he couldn't believe if it's true.

He raised his hand and brought it near her face. Fearing that if he touched her, she might disappear, his palm shivered.

A shiver in his hand, that's something new. The hands that didn't shiver when they ripped out the heart from a living breathing human were shivering in fear that what if its his illusion.

The shiver turned into glee as she held his hand. The trembling fingers got intertwined with the soft, slender ones, and the worrysome eyes mirrored the contentment. "Are you ok? What happened?" She asked, not understanding the tremble in his hand, and he just shook his head and wrapped her in his embrace. "I love you, Jaana," he said, hugging her, to which she replied by hugging him back.

Time passed, and soon, days became months, Sitara started opening up to Shahzain. She never thought she could talk to him without stuttering. But lately, her heart has started to thaw against him.

A smile crept up to her, thinking how he gets impatient like a child when he doesn't see her around, though she hardly does anything for him. It's not like he needs her for anything. Looking at the mirror combing her hair, she remembered how he kept on looking at her with mesmerized eyes,

"What are you looking at me, we have the whole sky filled with stars and moon in front of us?" She remembered her conversation with him of last night, where he arranged a dinner date for her in the garden. She was surprised to see that he cooked her favorite meal himself.