Chapter 37

Nargis
Adaab!

Sitara took the paper and started writing. Till now she used the notepad only to talk to Bahar, but today she took out the fresh letter pad from the library and started to pour her heart into the handmade textured paper.

"I don't know whether I am allowed to write this letter to you or not. I don't know if you will ever get to read this or not, but I just can't go on another day without telling you how much I miss you. I have missed you every moment since I came here, but today, it just felt I needed to talk to you.

You are alright, right? I hope you are alright, healthy and happy, and hopefully pregnant, too." She chuckled while writing and along with the happiness, a tear of longing rolled down. "If only I could ever meet your child. I so wanted to be there with you when you get this news. I can imagine how happy everyone would be. I wanted to be the one to cook all the food that you crave even at midnight. I would have gone shopping for our kiddo, and I am sure I would have brought the whole shop, especially the little socks." She chortled as she remembered how excited they used to get on looking the cute stuff for kids and how much Nargis used to adore little woolen socks of babies. "I wish I could be the one to tease you when you would have become a round football. I know you would look pretty even then. If only I could be the one to hold your baby for the first time. But I know this is not possible. Atleast not in this lifetime. Still if only..." Letting out a sigh she pitied herself. Her heart knows how much she wanted to meet her family but she also know Shahzain will never allow that. She has seen how much he loathed sharing her. It might seem bizarre to her but that's his truth.