Chapter 47

The jeep halted at the fair ground, and a nostalgia hit Sitara as she stepped down, holding his hand.

"Appi!"

"Ruku!" Sitara exclaimed in happiness. She didn't think she would ever see all of them together again. Her hands tightened around Shahzain's, seeing them coming towards her.

"Aap-aapne bulaya? Sabko?" (Did you call them? Everyone?) She asked her with gratitude, glistening her eyes. He nodded, and she hugged him. She was so happy. "Thank you, Shahzain. Thank you so much, " she said, hugging him tightly.

"Hey," he said, breaking the hug and wiping her tears. "You have given me the best gift ever. You have made me so happy today, but maine to aapko kuch nahi diya" (I have not given you anything), she said, looking down. "Diya na. Tumhari mohabbat, zindagi bhar ka tofha diya hai tumne to humhe hamari Jaana ka dil" (Of course you gave. Your love. You have given me the gift of lifetime, the heart of my Jaana)

"I love you, Shahzain. I will always love you, " she said and kissed his forehead.

"Ouch." she got startled as little arms wrapped her around the waist.

She looked at Shahzain, and he nodded for her to go ahead, and her smile widened. She sat on the ground and hugged and kissed Ruku. "Kaisi hai meri Gudiya?"
(How are you, my doll?) She said

"Angry with you," said Ruku, breaking the hug. "Oh yeah, and why so?" Sitara asked, pinching her nose. "Aap Bhaijaan ke sath ghar kyu nahi aati? Aapko pata hai hum aapko kitna yaad karte hain." (Why don't you come home with Bhaijaan. You know how much I miss you)

"Um-beta aapke bhaijaan ka khayal bhi to rakhna hai na. Wo aapka khayal rakhte hain na, to mujhe bhi to unka khayal rakhna chahiye na" (but child I need to take care of your bhaijaan also. See, he comes around often to take care of you all, so I should take care of him, right?) she said, lifting her chin, and Ruku pouted. "Now I am here right, let's go on the giant wheel, hmm?" And she nodded excitedly at the offer.

"You used to go to my house?" She asked him, standing up, surprised. "Of course, how can I leave behind the people who gave me my Jaana" he said looking at her with adoration.

"Bachhi" her eyes closed on hearing the voice she never expected she will hear again.

Clenching her fist she turned towards Rihan. With a gesture she greeted him Salaam. He cannot see her eyes filled with tears of happiness but he can witness her quivering lips where unending conversations are waiting but she couldn't take risk to speak.

"Thik hai na, khush hai?" (You are alright, right? Happy?) He choked asking her and she nodded. She wanted to tell him so much and ask him so much.

"Ofcourse she is happy. She is such a sweet girl, how long will happiness can stay angry with our Sitara" came Nargis and Zahra and Sitara longed to hug them.

She greeted them with a smile. "We miss you so much, bacchi" said Zahra making Sitara's tear fall.

I miss you all too so much Ammy. Only if I could say this to you. I don't know if I should be grateful to Shahzain to give me this moment where I could see you all again or be angry at him for giving me this moment that will give me a life long longing.

She wiped her tears and smiled at Zahra. She gasped as she felt a pat on her shoulder. She looked at the palm resting on her shoulder, and Shahzain stepped closer to her holding her shoulders. "One year ago I gave you ten minutes to hug them goodbye. Today on the same day, those ten minutes are again yours" he whispered in her ear making her eyes go wide like saucers. She turned towards him and stepped more close to him.