Chapter 8

"Sitara, my gosh finally!" A familiar voice welcomed Sitara as she stepped out of the jeep muttering a thank you to Shahzain in foyer of her college. "Zara" she responded the petite girl with a grey hijab matching her grey pant suit and big round glasses with a smile. "Where were you? I heard you dropped out?" she asked inquisitively and took steps towards her. "No I didn't drop out I just continued from home, I am here for the final exams." She confirmed getting a bit offended on being called out as a drop out.

"What's with the veil?" she asked all surprised seeing her with the veil, as she was never an advocate of parda. "I-I um- I just thought it-its, I wanted to keep it." she answered knowing very well this was not an explanation. "Oh" she responded with a surprise not knowing what exactly to say.

"But why are you out here and not in the exam?" Sitara asked bewildered seeing her friend out and not in the classroom giving the paper. "The exam got postponed for three hours." she told. "What? Why?" She couldn't understand. "I don't know, the VC came and announced, guess he received a call from someone important to delay the exam" Zara informed her and her eyes went to the figure looming on the door of jeep looking at her. He smiled looking at her in pride that he fulfilled his promise that no one can stop her not even the time itself. She smiled back at him understanding that he did this for her. Since she was late hence he got the exam delayed.

"Who is he?" her friend enquired breaking their trance. Her question stumbled Sitara, ofcourse people are going to ask about him, did you think he is invisible, her conscious reminded her how obvious Zara's question was. She got all flustered but he was unfanned by the question instead he was intrigued and wanted to listen to Sitara's response.

"Um-he-Zara he is my fiancé." she said and his smile widen. Her acceptance to their relationship no matter how miniscule it is it always fill his heart with glee. "Fiancé, oh my God Sitara congrats" her friend jumped in excitement and wanted to hug her but she shifted backwards with a gasp avoiding her hug. "Should we go inside?" she asked avoiding the questions in her friend's eyes. "Sure, but first let me meet your guy" she said moving past her making Sitara's feet cold anticipating his reaction. Her fiancé is not a regular guy who will happily meet her friends and chit chat about her and them instead she has an impulsive gangster who she has never seen having any social skills whatsoever. For God's sake, he came with a gun to ask for her hand in marriage. She has no idea how will this chirpiness settle with him.

"Hello handsome" Zara said banging her shoulder with him and Sitara hit her forehead with her palm. "Hello beautiful" his response made Sitara's eyes widen. She never expected him to respond with same mischievous glint like her friend. She saw her giggling and laughing talking to him. "You both should leave for the class now, the exam had to start at some moment today" he said finally wrapping the conversation irking him, but he had to be pleasant to her friend, he cannot embarrass her on the first instance. Listening his word, Sitara stepped out of the trance his smile had trapped her in and nodded to proceed towards the class.

The hour went by and her paper was submitted in the given time span leaving her with a content smile. She stepped out and saw Shahzain still there waiting for her. He smiled looking at her and opened his door for her and she moved towards him.

Delivering to his promise, he has brought her to take all her exams and waited there for her to come out.

"Not this one Rihan Bhai, the fabric is not the same I asked." She said rejected the fifth sample Rihan brought her for designing Shahzain's sherwani. "But this looks exactly the same" he said picking up the silver brocade matching it with the photograph that Sitara sent from the internet. "Uff Bhai, let it be, I will go and purchase it." she said picking her bag and wallet. "Is this one correct?" Before she could step outside, a new sample was handed over to her by Nargis. She held the cloth in her hand and nodded with a content smile. "And how is this different-" "C'mon Rihan" before Rihan could protest that the sample he brought is as good as the one Nargis brought, she dragged her out of her room leaving Sitara giggling at their antics.