Chapter 49

"Stop here," Sitara asked Rihan to stop his bike around a hundred meters away from the house. "But why here, it's still far? How will you go from here?" He asked, perplexed, not understanding why she asked him to drop her there.

"You took me away from him, Bhai, even I don't know how he will react. He will be so angry right now. His emotions must be uncontrollable. I can't risk it. I need to meet him first." She tried to explain her discomfort. She was sure that he must be so out of his mind that he might not think before killing Rihan. And she was not going to risk that.

She has witnessed the whirlwind of his emotions and the insanity he calls love. No matter the progress they made in this relationship, he is still an obsessive lover and she can't overlook this fact. She was sure that the moment he will get to know Rihan took her purposely, he will not waste a minute before killing him. She can't be the sister who became the reason for her brother's murder, that too when saving his life was the core reason of her having Shahzain in her life to begin.

Rihan was no stranger to the fear she just mentioned. He is very well aware of the possibility that it might be Shahazain's bullet that would greet him instead of himself after knowing that he was the on who took Sitara, and maybe then killing Nargis and his unborn child would make the insane psychotic monster stop his bloodbath.

"But how are you going to go." He asked. Even though she made sense yet he was worried that how is she going to go alone from here. "I will walk. It's not too far from here." She told setting her veil. "Are you sure?" "Yes, Bhai, you go and check on Nargis and Ammy." She said fearing that whether they are fine or not. Irrespective of Rihan's plan, she is still unsure whether Shahzain would have left them without doubts. She hugged him goodbye and took a deep breath before proceeding towards her home.

She was nervous while walking towards the house. She was excited to meet him but was nervous, not knowing what was going to happen. She could only imagine what he must have gone through in these twenty-four hours.

She didn't venture out much but yet she had the idea of directions from here. Soon she could see the iron gates. Her speed increased seeing her home. She wanted to be with him as soon as possible. She herself was losing her mind on the thought of loosing him, she could only imagine his state of mind.

Listening to the tinkling sound from her anklets, the security guards at the iron gates turned towards the sound. Seeing the anklets, they turned around recognizing her. While they looked at each other with questions, one of them unlocked the door.

She entered the drive way. She was trying to maintain confidence in her walk but this was the first time she was alone in the presence of the guards. She was hell nervous. She understood that they recognized her, but she also know she can't talk to them.

She walked up the foyer stairs, and more shocked eyes welcomed her. The guards at the doorway who were just casually smoking and chatting till now, got all attentive and surprised. All are staring at me she thought and then a vague thought came to her that all are staring at her, that means all the guards are here. She thought he must have united earth and heaven to search her in every nook and corner of the city. How are all the guards are at their usual duties. Was he not looking for me? she thought, taking the stairs.

She knocked at the door, since neither does she has the key and the day she came here first time, she saw Shahzain using the biometric. The door opened with his retina match, hence not knowing how to open the door of her own home, she knocked again.

One of guard moved towards making her conscious. Little did she know, he was more nervous than her. He don't even know this act of his will be appreciated for uniting his boss with his wife or be termed as some kind of violation of the strict and insane rule Shahzain has created around Sitara.

He looked at other guards and they nodded as a go ahead. They know she can't open the door and if it is not opened from inside after knocking two times, then maybe he is not in a condition to be handled right now, What if the more time she spends here, the more they come under the suspicion of whatever was going on here. Entering the pass code, he opened the wooden doors.

Couldn't wait to see him. She practically ran inside the door.

"Shahzain!" She yelled his name, as he door closed behind her

"Sha-" she lost her voice, seeing the flames from the room filled with her paintings.

Her heart sank for a moment, thinking if Shahzain's life is at risk. She ran up the stairs towards the room.

"Shahzain!" She panted, reaching the landing. Her eyes widened, and she covered her jaw that fell seeing all her paintings covered in fire.

"Shahzain," the giddiness in her voice was replaced with worry, with the scene unfolding in front of her.

"Shahzain," she called for him, seeing him standing in the middle of the room. Where she took a breath of relief seeing him alright, a part of her was losing her footing seeing him standing in the middle of the room surrounded by flames.

The lighter in his hands made her tears fell from her eyes. He called this room his safe haven, he built this room as his solace while waiting for her, and today he burned it himself. This made her heart skip a beat.

He turned towards her. The moment his eyes met her's, the fear escaped her heart. There was no fear, no dread, just the strong desire to be with him. Her heart crave to end the yearning. She ran towards him and engulfed him in a tight hug.

"I love you Shahzain" she whispered against his chest in his hold.