Chapter 45

"Fine then, pick up the dagger," he said, stepping back from her. Sitara looked at the dagger on the floor and gulped. She took trembling steps towards it. Picking up the dagger, she stood up, and her eyes met Shahzain. Her eyes had a horrified expression, and her hands were shivering at the thought of the gruesome act Shahzain asked her to do.

He stepped a step right, making the glass cubicle visible to her. Straight in her eye view was Faizan's shivering torso. The frost might have made her image blurry for him to watch through the glass, but he was aware that someone was moving towards him. With every step she took, her feet were giving up. You can't do it, Sitara. Her conscience reminded her that she couldn't go through what she felt while burning Nargis' hands. She is a kind human, she can not do this, and Faizan has not meant any harm to her. How can she hurt him? The image of Faizan was flashing in front of her. They were never friends, but they had a cordial relationship. He never disrespected her. He was the one who actually made it possible that she could adorn her hands with her henna on her marriage. She remembered him dancing with the commotion when Shahzain was bringing her home. She knew how much Shahzain trusted him after all he had left him in her house. How can he not trust him if he can leave him with her. She knows he is fond of him and is going to regret this for his whole life. No matter how much blinded he is right now due to his obsession, he is never going to come out of it. He already had enough trauma and doing this to his best friend is only going to fuck up more with his mind.

But I have to do it, she countered. It will only hurt him more. Her inner voice kept up the fight. I know, but I can save him like this from him. She couldn't find anything to make a breakthrough with him. She knows it is not something he can not let go. He can not share her until its him who wants it. She knew how difficult it was for him to let her be with Nargis. He could pull that strength only for her, but this. He cannot. He is too weakened by his love. His emotions, his obsession is too strong for him to see clearly. He is helpless, the intensity of his obsession has brought the worst out of him that he can think of hurting those two people in the world who love him the most. But it is risky. Her inner voice warned her. He will save me. The one thing she is sure of is Shahzain will not let her risk her life.

The click made her inner battle come to an end and she saw Shahzain opening the glass cubicle. "C'mon Jaana, punish the eyes which dared to look at what's mine" he said making her gulp in fear. "Shah-Shahzain sto-stop-plea-" she heard the fainted voice of Faizan. Looks like he is not in his senses or maybe he is too cold to talk. She saw him, his eyes were drooping, his lips had a tint of blue, she shivered before she could have entered the cubicle, not knowing whether the thought of stepping inside the cold cubicle that is making her hands tremble or what she is about to do.

"Shah-Shahzain-understand me-" she heard Faizan's pleas again and Shahzain stepped inside the cubicle. "You-you know I-I nev-never had wrong intentions for her" he said looking at Shahzain. He bent down to his level with sorrowful eyes "I am sorry Faizan. But you shouldn't have looked at her. She is just mine." He said and stepped backwards. "Yo-you are making a mis-mistake Shahzain" he warned him "No. You made the mistake" his voice boomed in the basement and Sitara shivered. "She is just mine Faizan" he grabbed his throat making her gasp. "You shouldn't have looked at her." He said with gritted teeth. "I-I am your friend Shah-Shahzain. Don't-" "That's why for the first time it is hurting me more to hurt the man who tried to share my Sitara. For the first time my hands tremble to punish the eyes who took a moment of glance of my Sitara. Because YOU ARE MY FUCKING FRIEND." He yelled leaving his throat leaving him to cough. "So you are using her. Be-because you can't do it. You are-,are a coward Shahzain. I dare you-you to untie me once and then do it yourself. " Faizan's anger got the best out of him and he engaged himself in triggering him. He wanted to work him up, maybe in his anger he might take it as a challenge. He might untie him and he can be saved. His immobility is the reason he is loosing else he wouldnt be in this plight and Sitara and Shahzain both knew it.