|14|

Enjoy reading people 😉

Soon they reached their destination Sidhart opened the door for Meera and she smiled. They went inside with his hand on her waist and her hand in his other hand.

Her smile reached her ears, she felt so blissful and his happiness couldn't be described in words.

He went to the top floor of the restaurant which was all booked by Sidhart.

He held the door for her and then made her sit on the chair, then he dragged the chair towards her side and sat beside her.

"So meri jaan, what do you wanna have?"
(My life,)

She blushed at the Meri jaan and smiled.

"Uh, i could have a pizza without any vegetables."
"sure, sure."

He called the waiter politely and respectfully and then ordered a pizza for her and some Chinese for himself.
Soon the food was at their table.

Meera was just leaning on Sidhart's shoulder and he was making her eat her food, she loved to stargaze and infront of stars food was not a big deal. He loved stargazing too but she was more important, so he was feeding her, and while making her eat the pizza he occasionally was putting morsels of his Chinese food in her mouth as he saw that she liked it's taste too.

"Isn't this so pretty?"

She said gazing at the stars and he replied back gazing at her.

"yes, babe, it is!"

Soon they were done with the food and were leaving. In the car Meera saw a few homeless kids, it was just 9:30 and wasn't that late so they saw a restaurant near them and took the kids there.

Meera made them sit in the restaurant properly and engaged a conversation while she asked Sidhart to go and order some burgers and something filling.

"bacha, aap sab school jaate ho?"
"nahi didi"
"oh, aap ko waha jaana hai?"
"ha didi, Hume bhi padhna hai aur kuch acha karna hai."
"bilkul karege sab kuch na kuch acha. Filhaal bhook lag rhi hai na?"
"yes didi!"
"oh, aapne yes kaha se seekha?"
"mai pehle school jaata tha phir ek din mere papa ki death ho gyi, tabse meri maa bauhat hi beemar rehti hai aur unhe koi job bhi nahi mili."
"oh, koi nhi abhi wapas jaate samey, hum kuch medicines le lege apki maa ke liye."

(Meera: Kiddos, do you all go to school?
Kids: no didi (elder sister)
Meera: oh, so do you wanna go there?
Kids: yes didi, we want to study and do something good in future.
Meera: ofcourse you'll do something good in future, but right now you all are hungry right!?
Kids: yes didi
Meera: kiddo, where did you learn that word?
Kid: i used to go to school earlier but then my father died and since then my mother has been sick and is unable to find a job
Meera: oh, don't worry kiddo on our way back we'll get some medicine for your mother.)

She was busy talking with the kiddos and they all adored her while sidhart was looking at her, he smiled and placed the tray.

They were helping the kids eat properly.

"Bacho, agar kuch aur chahiye ho toh batana aur ache se Khao pet bhar ke"
"Haa"

(Sidhart: kiddos, if you want something else then tell me and eat nicely.
Meera: yes!)

Soon they gave the kids some money and Sidhart called in a school where he is a trustee and got all the kiddos in the school. They first went to their houses which were made of some spare bricks and weird but handy things so he took the kids and their single mothers or parents who were unable to find jobs to some building he owns, Sidhart also has business in rental properties and etc so he gave them some flats and told them the whole thing. He had gotten the uniform and the books to be sent to them. And Meera was treating the people there who has some illness.

Soon they told them about the vacancies present in their workplaces and gave them their business cards. Some of them had degrees and etc yet stayed in this condition. They bid a goodbye to the kiddos and left.

In the car they both talked about the unemployment and the poverty of the country, and sidhart told her he'll offer more jobs in his companies now. And Meera also told her she'll find more positions in her hospital. Meera was a general physician, neurologist and a cardiologist. She was also the head of her hospital, her father had bought it and given it to her and she has maintained it since then.

They soon reached the home and we're extremely tired. They went into their beds and snuggled into each other, Meera was sad after seeing the condition of those kiddos but Sidhart handled her.

"Sid, i wish I could help all of these kids and parents,"
"i know you do, i also want to do it. But we can't so let's just help the ones we know and perhaps the poverty and unemployment rate will lessen down a little."

This is all for today, i hope ya all enjoyed! Also a humble request please do help the ones who are in need. I have seen many people who are living like this and had to put up an attention post about it. Just help them as much as you can, no one said you have to help them the way Sid and meeru did. Anyways
Target for this chapter: 6+ comments and 10+ votes

Love Daphne 🥹🫶🏻