Chapter 3: Why so Hot-Headed?

The voices outside were like death warrants, with the banging on the door making both occupants in the clinic instantly tense.

Kili looked at Xiu Xian nervously, who said, "You go inside and take care of that girl. Stay in there, no matter what happens, don't come out."

"Understood."

"........"

"Stop knocking, will ya?" Xiu Xian turned his head, took a deep breath, and impatiently shouted, "It's late at night, can you be more annoying?"

Xiu Xian opened the rolling door, and two individuals dressed as security guards stood at the entrance, holding black sticks shimmering with electricity arcs.

"What's the matter?" Xiu Xian didn't give these security guards a good attitude. In this area, showing too much respect to these guys will just make them bully you more.

Of course, these guards wouldn't be nice to you either.

"Move aside!" One guy pushed Xiu Xian rudely and walked towards the interior. "Are there any infected inside?"

Xiu Xian followed behind, looking relaxed. "No shit Sherlock, this is a clinic for treating the infected. Officer, are you here for the living or the dead?"

The guy in front suddenly turned around. "Don't be so smug! The Security Bureau is currently apprehending a large number of infected tonight. Many troublemakers are causing serious public safety issues. Xiu Feifan, right? There should be quite a few infected people here normally."

Xiu Xian shrugged. "Naturally, otherwise, wouldn't I would have starved to death by now. Officer, I haven't missed my protection racket. Just tell me how much more you need!"

"We're not here to discuss that today!" The security guard's face darkened. "Did any infected individuals come here?"

"Even you know to come here." XiuXian walked to a drawer and took out a box, handing it to the leading security guard. "Are they that stupid?"

The one in front opened the box and glanced inside. His originally serious expression revealed a hint of a smile. He collected the contents of the box and looked towards the operating room. "Can I take a look?"

"Feel free." Xiu Xian said nonchalantly, "But be careful, these crystals in your hands are fresh. We haven't had time to disinfect it after the surgery during the day. I wouldn't even dare to go in myself."

The security guard who was about to enter immediately stopped in his tracks. He looked at the operating room's door, then at Xiu Xian, and sighed, "What sins did those infected commit in their past lives to be infected in this life and encounter a shady doctor like you?"

"Hey, hey, don't say that now," Xiu Xian smiled, "I am an angel bringing them hope, you know. Without these infected, how could we make money? Let me tell you, Officer, arrest fewer people. Once you catch them all, we won't have any more profits. I reckon I'll have to find another place to open a shop. It's quite hard to find a place like Chernobog that completely ignores the life and death of the infected."

As Xiu Xian spoke, he threw two cigarettes over.

The officers skillfully caught them, lit them up, and the smoke rose. The tense atmosphere from earlier significantly eased, and the other guy relaxed and spoke, "Hey, it's late at night. Do you think we want to go through all this trouble? If it were ordinary infected, who the hell would care? This time, the infected are related to the Reunion Movement, the one that caused a big uproar before. The higher-ups have given the order. Detain them, regardless of life or death."

"Oh, it's that serious." Xiu Xian looked surprised. "Do you need me to provide you with a list of infected individuals?"

"Forget it, your place is just a scam for those unfortunate souls. Just small fries."

Xiu Xian laughed happily. "Of course, of course. Officers, please have a seat here. From what you've said, it seems dangerous outside."

"After we finish smoking, we'll leave. There's not much time to slack off." That guy said, "If you have any clues, remember to tell me. Also, be careful these days. Don't risk your life for money. It has been ordered from above that anyone found aiding the Reunion Movement will be treated as a member and prosecuted."

"Rest assured, I haven't had enough of life yet."

The leader took a deep drag of his cigarette, then stomped on the cigarette butt on the ground. "Let's go."

"I'll see you off."

Xiu Xian escorted the two Security Bureau officers towards the exit. However, just halfway through, the two guys stopped in their tracks.

A rustling sound reached Xiu Xian's ears.

Every time after treatment, or rather, whenever Oripathy entered his body, Xiu Xian's senses would be greatly enhanced.

This time was no different.

The sound came from the two officers' earpieces. Xiu Xian couldn't hear the content, but he could observe the officers.

He stared at the movements of the two security guards. They went from being relaxed to tense, looking down as if hiding some secret.

However, their slightly mismatched footsteps and arm postures already revealed their intentions.

Xiu Xian shook his head slightly and sighed, "If I were you, I definitely wouldn't do that. Now, go out and leave. It's best to pretend nothing happened."

Contrary to his wishes, one of the officers immediately spun around to attack, the black stick in his hand slams towards Xiu Xian's head, flickering with electric arcs.

If that hit, Xiu Xian would either die or become a vegetable!

They didn't intend to hold back at all, even though just a moment ago, the three of them were still chatting and laughing.

They didn't even consider arresting him.

At this critical moment, Xiu Xian suddenly leaned sideways, and with a flick of his wrist, a black butterfly knife fell into his hand from his sleeve.

With a click, the sound of the lock opening.

As Xiu Xian passed by the officer, the butterfly knife was already flipped open in his hand.

The two bodies passed each other, and Xiu Xian tightly gripped the handle of the butterfly knife, the jet-black blade stained with a touch of crimson!

The other guard also came crashing down on him at that moment.

Xiu Xian saw it and stepped back, tilting his body backward to dodge the electric baton. In the process, the butterfly knife slipped from his hand.

Thud!

That was the sound of a body hitting the ground.

Xiu Xian stood up straight, walked over, and pulled his butterfly knife from the guard's eye socket. He shook his head and said, "You shouldn't have attacked so ruthlessly. We've known each other for over half a month. Why so hot-headed?"

Looking at the two lifeless bodies, Xiu Xian took a deep breath.

Fortunately, this wasn't the first time he had ended someone's life.

"Come out," Xiu Xian shouted towards the operating room, "We've been exposed, let's move."

However, unbeknownst to Xiu Xian, in the darkness, two pairs of eyes had been watching this place all along.