Chapter 26: Busy Times

Swire is probably the wealthiest operator in the game.

And her relationship with Ch'en... is quite complicated.

The infamous "Lungmen profanities" first appeared in their conversations.

She is the heiress to many of her family's assets, a very, very privileged young lady.

It is said that her family's business in Victoria is even bigger than that in Lungmen.

However... Swire's current identity is a senior superintendent in Lungmen's Guard Department.

Swire's appearance naturally attracted a lot of attention. She didn't intend to stay here and went straight up the nearby elevator.

"Do you know her?" Crownslayer approached Xiu Xian. "You were staring."

Xiu Xian snapped back to reality and touched his nose. "The one with wavy blond hair, I remember."

"Who is she?"

"An ah sir (How they address police officers in Hong Kong)," Xiu Xian replied. "A superintendent of the LGD. I've seen her before when there was a major case in the slums. But seeing her in this place... Is she also the heiress of this hotel?"

"Superintendent?" Hearing those words, Crownslayer's expression became more serious. "We just arrived and already encountered someone like her? Quite a coincidence."

"Don't put unnecessary stress on yourself." Xiu Xian glanced at the counter and asked, "Is it done? Can we go up now?"

"Yes, let's go." Crownslayer led the way ahead and asked as they walked, "It seems like you have a deep impression of her."

"Yeah, mainly because of her weapon." Xiu Xian smacked his lips. "A flail with blades? One strike and it's a horrifying sight of blood and flesh. I had a patient like that before. It left a lasting impression, so gruesome."

"I see." Crownslayer sighed. "But at least he didn't die"

"Yeah, that's true." Xiu Xian chimed in. "She didn't kill him, but the patient wailed for an hour and died after a failed surgery."

Crownslayer: "........"

"You couldn't save them?!"

"Well, I've saved plenty of lives. How am I supposed to remember them all?" Xiu Xian pressed the elevator button. "The ones we tried to save and died afterward are the ones us doctors remember the most, you know."

"Ha... Haha." Crownslayer forced a laugh several times.

The elevator arrived, and everyone got on.

Their accommodations were on the twelfth floor. With a ding, they reached the designated floor.

But as soon as the elevator doors opened, they heard a familiar woman's voice expressing dissatisfaction.

"Fire safety problem? Are you kidding me! Our hotel receives fire safety awards every year! Monthly fire inspections, biannual fire drills, daily checks on smoke detectors, weekly equipment inspections, half-day checks for congested fire exits. And you're telling me there's a safety problem in the hotel?"

Yes, it was Swire's voice.

As they walked out of the elevator, they saw Swire standing in front of a petite person who was half a head shorter, saying something in an annoyed tone, "Are you biased towards me? Is this deliberate sabotage?"

The petite person raised their head, opened their mouth, but didn't say anything.

This person was Shaw, a firefighter for the Lungmen Fire Department.